Data Usage Concerns

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No need for further response.

It is time for the customers to take charge of the illegal data usage billing.  If we gain enough interest from the customers, we will proceed forward with legal action.  We have verification and are seeking additional test areas (seeking volunteers) that would like to participate in data usage test studies.  

Please contact ExcedeTestStudy@gmail.com if you would like to be a participant in our study.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us by email and we will respond as quickly as possible.  

ATTENTION:  Moderators, Administrators or other person(s) with the deleting capabilities of this post or any other post related with a similar topic will be considered a violation of your users right to speak freely as per the constitution.  Each post is being verified and copied; removal of such posts will be presented individually and considered as another act of fraud by the provider of Excede internet services as an effort to conceal inaccurate and fraudulent usage of data to their customers.  
Photo of Cory M

Cory M

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Cory,

I haven't posted much lately, because people like Bev and Lake Country Satellite have picked up the mantle, but I just had to jump in on your post.

I am very happy to see no one has responded to your drivel, but I suspect if you got absolutely no replies, you will cry foul that exede is blocking responses or some crap like that.  Clearly, I'm able to post, so no one is being blocked.

Despite your ramblings, you are aware that this is a private message board?  That means the freedom of speech does not exist here, exede is perfectly within their legal rights to delete any post they feel is inappropriate for the forum.  I've had one of my posts deleted before, but I'm very surprised how liberal they are at leaving completely baseless crap stay up here on the board.  Honestly, I'm impressed by that, a lesser company would remove anything negative.

That being said, exede is not a perfect company, no company is. They frequently employ terrible installers and repair technicians (not all of course, the vast majority are competent and ethical, but people don't post here with compliments, just complaints), their customer service is generally a joke of underpaid, undertrained reps who just don't care, and their sales people are allowed to sell to people who have no business being offered satellite (ie people who have cable/fios available), and clearly (like many sales people from all types of companies) gloss over the negatives (never flat out lying, but, never being completely forthcoming either.  Yes, you can watch netflix, but is it smart to do so?  no), and these are very real issues that they should address and correct if they want to be a real class company.

And yes, if you got a bad install, or have bad equipment, your data usage may be inaccurate.  But, 99% of the people who post here complaining about their usage, the issue is on THEIR side, not exedes.  The vast majority of people don't understand the internet, let alone the data that it can use, and have no clue what their computers and other devices are doing behind their backs (typical complaint "all I do is use facebook for three or four hours a day, yet all my data disappears!").  Would it be nice if exede educated their customer's better about how and where data goes?  Certainly, but it's not their job to do so.  A car dealership doesn't teach you have to drive.  Everyone needs to educate themselves on data before they start pointing fingers.

I'm not saying you are not one of the small percentage who does have a genuine issue with bad hardware which is causing your data issues.  But, even if you are, I do guarantee you it's not intentional on the companies side, and your rants and posturing do nothing to improve the situation for anyone.

SM 
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
Only way such would work is if every single participant is willing to spend the cost of a service call to verify nothing is amiss with their alinement, install or, equipment, then take the computer to a shop to besure it is 100% right (no hardware or software issues, no virus, no malware, etc... Then each would need to format the hard drive so that they each ran the exact same programs and no others. Finally all would need to do the exact same things online outside of the LNFZ. All of this would need to be verified by an independant 3rd party.

Otherwise it isn't scientific and, there would be no concrete proof that it was not something the user did, allowed or, was unaware was running or otherwise using data.

As for freedom of speech - not here, this is a private forum ViaSat owns it, Viasat can play God here simply because it is their forum - it's their rules, not American rules.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Cory - Please be specific about how you intend to carry out your research. Also, you should read your agreement. You have agreed to arbitration before you can sue.
Photo of LumiBlossom .

LumiBlossom .

• 49 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Bev you lied again; connections are a constant interchange of rights and wrongs, interactions and thusly collision interactions which form a hypothetical conclusion that if everything is build with the same technology and machinery, which were also calibrated specifically as well as tuned to the exactness of claim and specification, then every unit is then perfect and each had a backdoor creating a day a link trail that is lime breadcrumbles on a pond surface to life in ducks and/or fish.

Try again, to explain that the resources available are less than required, and there would be no unification for the data sap; because you haven't tries it, doesn't mean it won't work. Afraid to spend a few million to fix it?

While you would love to convince others of the infractions of your company being legit with big words and "privileged privacy" etc - all I have to do is consider your company to be constructing a terrorist act of suppression against the people.

You sit comfortably in your seat at Exede/Wildblue cubicle offices and lie your faces off, but that's because you have no idea what it feels like to have bullets flying at you - you're convinced and comfortable, yet if I looked you in the eye, you'd look away because you can't stand seeing what I did for this country.

Play God, Bev & Jim? I am god, and you're here by my whim.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Bloomin, One of us is crazy 'cause I didn't understand a word you said.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Cory,

I understand your concerns about your data usage.  If you would like to discuss your account details or obtain additional information about possible activities that could be eating up data, I'm here to help.  Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and the best time to reach.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks.
Photo of Cory M

Cory M

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately we have been down that road already with a lack of success.  So we have taken another avenue to obtain attention to the dilemma in an effort to gain rectification for your consumers.
Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Lumi,

Normally I see no reason to make this personal, but, girl, you need to stay off the pipe.
Photo of LumiBlossom .

LumiBlossom .

• 49 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Actually I want to ride the pipe to its end; ever tried snowboarding? It is really fun! Now simply admit defeat and/or apologize to the OP and I will relent.

Good luck otherwise boi~©
Photo of JT

JT

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This seems to be an ongoing issue for Exede customers.  When I was with Wildblue, we rarely went over our 25G data limit.. since Exede has taken over, the 25G is used up in less than 2 weeks every month!  I have asked for a log, but to no avail.  

I did find this - might help others...
http://exeded.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/exede-and-wildblue-satellite-internet-data-usage-misreporting...

I'm hoping the tracker will help me see what's going on.. if it's our usage, I want to see where we can correct it.. that's all I'm asking, is someway to track the usage..time, amount, websites, etc.  Seems crazy this isn't a standard tool provided by Exede.
Photo of Starring Matter

Starring Matter

• 290 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
JT you notice that that article is a year and a half old.  As has been discussed elsewhere on this, and the other forum, about a year and a half ago exede actually did shut off the usage meter for everyone because there was a problem with the reporting.  That has since been fixed.  

Though, I do 100% agree that exede should provide far better tools to us for usage tracking.  But the fact is, they don't, but, also, as oft discussed here, there are countless free options out there that people can use for the exact same purpose.

And, Lumi. . . bring it.
Photo of LumiBlossom .

LumiBlossom .

• 49 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Dear Starring Dorkfish,
                       You must be new here; "bring it" isn't a reply, unless you're admitting that I can snowboard better than you; in this case, I digress that you like your business suit too much to use it on a slope. :p
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
Simple, you want me to believe the test, you need every detail of every computer tested EXACTLY the same, doing the same exact thing at the same exact time for say 120 days on a minimum of 100 computers.

Otherwise any data variance could be user differences and nothing more.
Photo of LumiBlossom .

LumiBlossom .

• 49 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Bev; you may be correct in a sense! However you just cornered yourself you noobie. What company is actually going to do a test "for say, 120 days on a minimum of 100 computers."

You monitor our activities already in a laboratory setting stupid. I don't know if you know what you're saying, but it feels like you should at least Google what you're about to reply to so you look smart.
Photo of Cory M

Cory M

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
To be quite honest, it is more simple than you think.  We have been doing the easiest possible test out there.  Simply shutting off your system in the proper manner, disconnect the cable from the dish and receiver and letting Exede send their bills of data usage.  Since the units are not even on or connected, wouldn't you agree that there shouldn't be any usage, regardless of how uneducated we the consumer are?  Then explain why people are receiving usage reports as if their systems are operating normally?  As we continue to do our national test with the volunteers, it will be presented as such from what I understand.  

As for a lawsuit?  Nah!  We will let the Federal Gov't take care of business.  Additionally, I wonder how Dateline, 60 minutes and local news agencies are handling this information being provided?  

Threatening me, calling it drivel or any attempt to intimidate me is simply foolish.  I guess I don't scare so easily.  And if you believe this simple website is the only way of communicating with the Exede customers?  Well, once again maybe your users are a little smarter than you give them credit.  

Thanks for the continued participation.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.