Data Leak~

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem resolved. No need for further response at current time.

Hiya folkies, (again)

I spoke with an Online rep and go figure, as always I am figuring out the tissues some of you have, strange thing this be~ It appears that using the Ethernet Cable attached through a Router / Exede Modem "leaks" data packets.

Also if you start downloading even 0.00001 seconds before or continue after your "Free Usage" timeline is up; a portion of no less than 20% and not more than 100% of that Data goes into your alloted amount used.

These aren't super huge issues and can easily be corrected by Code and Software awareness. But for companies like Wildblue and Hughes Net who tend to cut corners, you can do little as they will not pay to have these issues rectified.

Though you can watch your Data Usage by following the guidelines above, I recommend the following~
~~Use the "Free Usage" time at 12:15am [Reason] Satellites have delays of up to 1 hour but usually 15 minutes before you enter a different, unallocated peer-plan.
~~Use wireless [Reason] Data Packets leak more freely on an unrestricted and directly connected internet connection -- Imagine direct-connect as a toilet that continually flushes and has trouble sealing to allow water to be retained for the next flush -- Wifi / Wireless lowers the chances.
~~Set your PC sleepmode or shutdown to 1 hour BEFORE "Free Usage" will dissipate.

Thanks for your attention in this matter all yee who suffer lightly~
Photo of LumiBlossom .

LumiBlossom .

• 49 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
  • laughing my @$$ off backwards

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks for the advice Lumi. We appreciate any feedback our customers can give us that can help other customers better maintain their data usage. If you have any issues, questions or concerns, feel free to message and let us know. We'll gladly help out! Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.