data usage meter

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I live in the country and have used a verizon mifi device for over 5 yrs. I had a 10gig limit for 3 yrs and a 20gig limit for 2. I never came close to going over the limit. Since switching to exede, I struggle every month to stay within the 20gig limit. I have put a data counter on my computer, the same one that I used with verizon and found to be very accurate and it never even reads close to what exede says I am using. I like the service, but if I was not under contract I would go back to the mifi device. I have tried to switch plans, but the area I live in has no options for me to switch to. Don't know what exede does to measure usage, but it is way above my actual usage, I find myself using my phone nearly as much as my computer. Sad situation. 
Photo of Lhenderson

Lhenderson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of postman

postman

• 39 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Fits my situation to a "T" except for phone. I use "BitMeter" and also a metered wifi (linksys).
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Lhenderson, please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact contact info.  I would love to review your account and help figure out what has caused a spike in usage. Thank you for your patience.  
Photo of Bob Sellers

Bob Sellers

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have had the same problem ever since switching to Exede. I was elated when the Freedom Plan came out (even though it's ridiculously expensive), yet now I'm told that I've maxed out 150 gigs with more than a week left in my billing period. Yes, I have a family of five including the kids, but I do monitor and limit how much they stream movies and other high usage activities. I've always felt that the usage Exede claims I have was very overstated, and when I've contacted customer support it has never helped. I can see a huge class action lawsuit coming in the future if they don't get a handle on this issue!
(Edited)
Photo of Lhenderson

Lhenderson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the info. I have no doubt they are inflating thier data usage. When contacted by a representative two days ago I had a discussion about their fredom plan that supposedly offers unlimited browsing which is most of my activity. I was shocked when he said ebay, amazon, and any site that has live updating is not part of the free browsing, but instead is counted towards data. In other words the most popular sights are excluded. At this point I really wish I had stayed with my mifi device. I had portability and they did not inflate useage. Never once had a problem staying within their limit.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.