Data usage concerns

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
I started with EXede about three months ago, and I have yet to ever reach the 12 mpbs that they claim i should get. I have called about this of course and they tell me i am using too much data. In my case, I reach my data cap in about five days. i recently fell asleep at 2 am watching a movie, and that caused me to" excede" my data for the month. The Viasat rep said Never do that - you wouldnt leave your water running all night would you? Your data is the same way.'' Of course, she claims the cure for this problem is to give them more money for this incredibly ###### service. I decided to try Exede because other local carriers had gotten too expensive. Unfortunatley Viasat/Exede is not worth any of the money i am paying for it. There has to be a way to stop this incredbile consumer rip-ff."
Photo of Frances Taylor

Frances Taylor

• 9 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
ummmm ok first off... you kinda said a bad word... which that really does violate the forums thingy... ( i cant remember what it was i forgots @>@   ) 

one thing also... if ya had cable internet and stuff... then why did ya choose satellite internet then over cable internet??? satellite is ONLY for those who cant get cable internet into our areas...

2nd thing... they say with speeds UP TO which means... you will get UP TO 12MBPS!!! BUT!!! NOT PROMISING though...

3rd... data... id suggest you manged you data as its not that hard to do :3 

hope ive helped ya kinda i guess... :3
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
It's not a rip off. It's all there in the fine print. Now, do people read and understand the fine print?

As Deku says, if you had hard wired internet, don't get satellite internet.

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
yeah i too was wondering that also... i mean... i wished i had hard wired internet ;-; BUT!!! not everyone wants to read that fine print imma guessing... they probably are lazy to read it cause they care about the speeds and good data caps and stuff... which is kinda sad ;-;
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Or saving $10/month by bundling!

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@>@ hmmmm.... i wonder... if i had regular tv AND internet... then... I WILL SAVE 10$ A MONTH!!! :D BUT!!! that is ONLY limited for like 6 months... then it goes back to regular billing >:(
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
Assuming you are on a Liberty Plan, yes, the problem is being out of data. Liberty plan speed are slowed once you exceed your data limit. Here are some tips for managing your usage: https://help.viasat.com/articles/General/Maximize-Your-Data?_ga=2.157561146.1671388650.1527053151-88...