data usage

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have a 10 GB plan. only 2 people on using . We don't download movies,only use for social media. I do not understand how we can be at 100% only 2 weeks into the month
Photo of Lisa Hungerford Coffee

Lisa Hungerford Coffee

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Lisa, 

There could be quite a few reasons why your data is being consumed so quickly. A few data consumption's that people are typically unaware of are: storage, media, updates, apps, or communications. The number of wireless devices on your home network can also play a big role with data usage.

If you would like, I would be more than happy to review your account and consumption categories according to your daily traffic, once we figure out where your data is being used we can find ways to help you enjoy the activities you love. Please send us your account and contact info to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank you
(Edited)
Photo of Coy Soto

Coy Soto

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Facebook Settings > Videos > Auto-Play Videos : OFF

Try this it will help with data consumption,
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3309 Posts
  • 3288 Reply Likes
Or... simply try using the newly released My eSVT tool detailed at:

https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/give-our-new-usage-tool-a-test-drive

Since it provides some minimal data usage history, It may provide some insight as to where your data went (or may indicate another problem that requires being addressed).

It appears to provide the same information you'd get from a moderator or authorized Exede agent - it's effectively the same tool they use (except for administrative functions they utilize).

Everybody's been clamoring for a better tool like that for going on 3 years, fortunately those who subscribe directly to Exede (not through a wholesale channel) now have access to it.      
(Edited)