data usage

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
I see several posts on data usage. My family never downloads movies. Lots of online homework. No game playing. I have learned to require all devices when turned on to ask for permission to download. I have even figured that the 28 plus gb per month the last 3 to 4 months is our new normal. I can guarantee we did not use 9 gb in 3 hours on April 26 which used up all remaining Internet for the month. I wrote to the email on these posts and hit an all new low in customer service. I get the usual auto response that I will be contacted in 24 hours. 2 weeks later after no communication I respond to the email and got notified the case was closed and I need to open a new case. That tells me customers are not important.
Photo of Jeff grant

Jeff grant

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff, every single one of our customers are extremely important and valuable to us. I’m sorry to hear your case was closed without resolution. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact contact info.  I would love to help figure out what has caused your spike in usage. Thank you 
Photo of G. Costanza

G. Costanza

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Lindsey, could I please get an extra 10gigs this month for helping Jeff?
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi G. Costanza, I would be more than happy to review any issues you’re experiencing with your service. I’m not sure exactly what it is that you’re asking for? Please feel free to send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com, thank you. 
Photo of G. Costanza

G. Costanza

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Shut off your modem. Set your alarm for midnight. Turn modem on. Set alarm for 4:55am. Shut modem off. Go to Home Depot parking lot.