Data spike

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We enjoy our new service very fast.. had it for about a week we dont do downloads or videos very simple use..using very little data a day but yesterday in a matter of a couple hours it went from 1.6 to 5 GB used on our usage...a huge spike and all we were doing was reading online as normal..called the people that installed the dish and set up the internet  she looked at it and said something is wrong and im sure Exede will give your data back we called  front desk at Exede not real helpful we kept pushing for help and she finally turned us over to a tech that was very nice took lots of time with us...took some apps off cleaned us up...problem is we still lost a bunch a data that should be returned ..thank you
Photo of Paula Pulley

Paula Pulley

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of A. Everett Neuman

A. Everett Neuman

• 430 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Hi Paula,
When you mentioned: "a tech that was very nice took lots of time with us...took some apps off cleaned us up".
Where the app's running in the background and eating data?

We all have to keep an eye on our data usage. There are several post on how to do this. Internet usage through the Satellite systems are all limited to the amount of bandwidth and data we can use, or pay for.

Kimberly or one of the other Exede rep girl's might give you a free 5 Gig kiss if you ask nice and the gig give a way special is still on.

But remember, if you burned the data, even if the offending programs where removed/ shut down later with the help of the Exede tech. You did use it.  Exede will help you now, but Gig do overs are not the norm.

Hope it helps,
Everett
Photo of Paula Pulley

Paula Pulley

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Everett i have a dell laptop with windows 8 the apps were on the start up page  it was the Metro UI tile app very easy to remove thanks for your help!
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hello Paula, glad to hear you were able to track down your data hog. I can make an adjustment to your account for the data you lost. Send me your info over to exedelistens@viasat.com and I'll get to it.
Photo of Paula Pulley

Paula Pulley

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you Kimberly for your help and your great customer service...loving my Excede :)
Photo of Paula Pulley

Paula Pulley

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you Kimberly for your help and your great customer service...loving my Excede :)
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Absolutely, my pleasure! (:

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.