Data problems

• Problem
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
There is no way my family has reached our data limit for this month!! I had my cell phone and tablet set to reduced data!! You all reduce data! But raise prices! I also read the free zone starts at 12:45am and stops at 4:am. We have done that! You all are SCAM artist! I am going to continue to tell people not to use WILD BLUE or EXEDE.
Photo of Kaisha Polk

Kaisha Polk

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • ANGRY

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Cheryl Adams

Cheryl Adams

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Spot on!!!! I moved to a new city in June 2017. I canceled my service & returned my modem. Exede processed an unauthorized debit of $164 to my checking account & the company is still consistently billing me monthly for non - services rendered. Who is running this company? I will never use Exede again!!!!!
Photo of Melitta Maria Powers

Melitta Maria Powers

• 18 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Change your account number
Photo of Kaisha Polk

Kaisha Polk

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
For what purpose?
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 753 Posts
  • 379 Reply Likes
Cheryl,  
If you're being billed in error, I'd like to get that fixed for you!  Send us your account info, or the phone number attached to the account to ExedeListens@viasat.com

-- Exede Matt B
Photo of Kaisha Polk

Kaisha Polk

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Okay.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3051 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
Reduced does not mean no data. What about updates, background app refresh, embedded videos that auto load? What of computers?

Exede hasn't raised prices in a long time, they have offered new plans at different price in various area.

If you would like a better idea of where your data went, please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information and, request a usage review. They can give you a better idea of what your data was used for.
Photo of Kaisha Polk

Kaisha Polk

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I understand all of that. My point is what good is a service that you can only use part of the time. No matter what me and my family use it for we have to pay full price. You all are aware that ads along with automatic updates run throughout the day without us knowing. That should be covered by you all. There is a lot more you can do to help everyone besides just upgrading packages that cost more. And do personallly have this service in your own home?
Photo of Kaisha Polk

Kaisha Polk

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thank you for commenting on my corncerns. Yes.. we are frustrated. I thought I found away to mange the amount of data we are given. Nevertheless, I will implement your suggestions. I still hope you all look into some of the things I mentioned that happened with us knowing what to do.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3051 Posts
  • 1273 Reply Likes
Thank you Kaisha. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need help with anything to help control data usage. I may not know each specific application or program you have, but, I can try to help you find out how to minimize it's data usage.
Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack

• 800 Posts
  • 665 Reply Likes
Kaisha, you can always look for my dealership on Facebook under Clear Choice Satellite located in Chipley, FL. Erin has put up a bunch of information AND videos showing customers how to manage their data.
Trying to control data usage these days can seem like trying to float a boat riddled with holes BUT it can be done.

Andy
Photo of Kaisha Polk

Kaisha Polk

• 7 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Okay. Thank you for your help.
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 475 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
Okay. Thank you for your help.
The following might be of help in getting Windows 10 under control and keeping it there: https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/data-contol-with-windows-10