Data limit

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have 5 gb left in my freedom plan and it starts over on Tuesday! My Question is what will my download speed be once I go over will it be 1 MBPS 2 MBPS 3 MBPS or what! I know it says web and email speeds may not change but video will! Like what will the download speed be when downloading a video?
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 249 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2215 Posts
  • 417 Reply Likes
Hi mferner,  I can not say what your speeds will be once you hit the data restriction. The speed of the internet service may vary due to, among other factors, network or internet congestion, the number of users in a household at a particular time, the caliber of in-home networking connections, computer performance (including the presence of viruses or malware), the limitations of different devices (such as a smartphone versus a desktop computer) and severe weather. It depends on many factors such as congestion in your area, weather, the number of devices being used at the same time in your home. 
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 249 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
Ok well Im the only one using internet in my home! and their isnt too many people in my area that uses exede! so maybe the speeds will be good enough so its not really really slow
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 249 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
I must say I ran out of data last night and my plan starts over tomorrow and I really can't tell a difference in speed! I can even have 3 tabs open with videos playing and it works fine! So its good to know when I run out of data I can still pretty much do anything I would like to do!