Data dispute

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
You lied to me said it was great internet. I have never used 30 gigs of data and now you say I used 50 and no more till sept 4 . That’s crazy. Every night the damn thing goes off at 11:50 pm central time. And not on till 8 am. Why? And you send a text to say everything is ok. Then I call to find out why it’s OUT! And computer is saying they can send a tec. My area is out. I’ve only been in this crazy company a few weeks and HUGHESNET WAS BETTER!!! And they was crap too. But better!!! You got to fix this or we will have problems.
Photo of Rita Beeman

Rita Beeman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
In most cases satellite internet should be a choice of last resort. Don't know why you jumped from Hughesnet to Viasat, hope it wasn't one of those extremely misleading TV ads. When it comes to internet these days, especially choices like satellite and cell company wireless it is best to find out what the close neighbors are using, that is all that matters. Service varies greatly by location as little as 1/4 mile can make a big difference.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1393 Posts
  • 829 Reply Likes

Who said it was great internet?

You can always email viasatlistens@viasat.com and have them take a look at your account.  But if you expect them to fix it to what will be your satisfaction, I don't think that will happen. 
Photo of Heath Miller

Heath Miller

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'm not sure why you bother commenting here when it seems to me you just further discourage people. What's your gig man?
Photo of Heath Miller

Heath Miller

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Also, I'm pretty sure fixing it to our satisfaction just means that "Unlimited data" works. It's a reasonable expectation given that's what they sold us on. "Military grade equipment" "Not overcrowding the beams" - so yeah. Still, to your point, they don't care about the quality of service obviously, just packing us in with dishonest sales staff and locking us down with a cancelation contract.
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I think the gig is trying to prevent others from wasting money on satellite internet if they have other options. It can be a $500 mistake.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2801 Posts
  • 1454 Reply Likes
Didn’t Fred G Sanford leave Viasat for Hughesnet? I wonder how he is doing these days.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1384 Posts
  • 820 Reply Likes
Dont know about him.

Ron Frank did. He is pretty satisfied with it.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2144 Posts
  • 1303 Reply Likes
Fred G Sanford?  LOL.  
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Pretty sure where Fred Sanford lived there is high speed hardwired internet these days.
Photo of Stan N Dorothy

Stan N Dorothy

• 22 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Needless to say it does not take lo g for visasat to flex its muscles once they lock you into that 24 month contract...its a well known fact that none of the plans provided the speeds advertised. When I moved 1 town over I was told I could no longer have my freedom 150 plan that I was satisfied with ( and btw they bugged me relentlessly for 2 weeks selling me that plan then finally caved and when I move tell me it no longer available and now I have to choose from the silver 25 plan group...and only 25 gigs for $100 as opposed to the $100 I was paying for the freedom 150....
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2144 Posts
  • 1303 Reply Likes
The Silver 25 plan refers to the plan speed being 25Mbps, not 25GB of data.  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1384 Posts
  • 820 Reply Likes
But because not all Silver plans are created equal, who knows how much priority data Viasat will give you on a Silver plan at one particular location.