Customer service

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
We've been with Exede for a long time,   6 years +.  The exede staff who help out here have been great,   but when you have to call in   ... not so much.

Exede has been advertised, and sold off as something it is not,  and that is never good.

It has been a good, if expensive, ISP over the years.  but.....

DSL has arrived on our street, and has been working great for a couple of weeks.

I was hoping for a reimbursement for the rest of the month that I already paid for,    No...

I understand mailing in the modem,  but climbing on the roof for the dish 'box'   well,  i've paid a lot of money over the years,   over 800 dollars for 'leasing' the 'equipment'    seems like should be worth something...

Oh well,      its been a mostly good run

dave
Photo of redave

redave

• 49 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Tim Spake

Tim Spake

• 461 Posts
  • 249 Reply Likes
Happy for you, never going to happen for me since I am in rural area. Maybe 5G will solve my problem. Whenever something comes along Viacrap will be history
Photo of redave

redave

• 49 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Tim,
I've learned to never say never.  Where we live there are twice as many cows as people.  We are very rural,  and it wasn't that long ago we only had dial up,  and there was only one number to use to access it.          Then i found WISP         better,  but slow and expensive.  Then came Exede,    much faster, but expensive,  and slow at the end of the month.
The Feds   FCC  gave a LOT of money to expand,  and Frontier Comm actually put it to use.     We are fortunate that while we are on the edge of National Forest, and then 2 National Parks,  i think they got some better comm lines   and Frontier was able to tap into that.            I am so happy,   so...     i say  Good Luck Tim,  you just never know.
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 928 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
Well to be honest. The viasat representatives on here are good. So good! But as for the customer service representatives for the call. I've never had no bad ones on my end. I think both viasats mods here and call representatives are good ones that I've encountered. (I take that back. Only 1 customer service call representative I did had a bad experience. I should've asked for their supervisor. I didn't bother but wished I did.) Other than that it's be aok for me. :3

Well, you also got to understand that with the reimbursement. You don't get nothing back. Even with the equipment. The reason viasat is letting you leasing it. Is cause it is the property of viasats. They have the all the rights for making someone mailing back their equipment cause you are leasing it from them. That is why people are leasing it from viasat as a monthly fee.

Ok. Let me ask you this question then. If you were running a business just like viasat. Then therefore making people lease the equipment for a monthly fee. Wouldn't you want the equipment back also? Cause you have all property rights for that equipment. But yet, the main headquarters is located far away. (for goodness sakes I wished I knew were that was at. I'd be visiting it everyday and evening to see how they are doing. It's probably far away though. So too bad for me. ;-; ) So therefore, they can't go away from the main headquarters at all. The list can go on and on and on. But, I think everyone gets my point. Am I right?

I hope this solves some problems for y'all guys out there :3
Photo of redave

redave

• 49 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I understand the lease idea,   but the 850 dollars in leasing alone, they got over the years,   seems like i should not be forced to climb up on the roof to get that dish thingyo
I've never had to have anyone come out for any service since 2011...  

Just sayin
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 928 Posts
  • 502 Reply Likes
@redave

Well, it does say in the contract for when you signed up that it was your responablity to return that. Even when you called and got the service. All representatives always say that. (They even said that to me over the phone when I signed up. Contract, ehhh... I already knew what I was getting myself into anyways.)
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 241 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
sad part is you can bet your old TRIA (dish thing) will never be used again because of age and the newer designs.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1462 Reply Likes
Yep, that's the contract but, if you have health concerns that prevent you getting the TRIA, send an email explaining that to Viasatlistens@viasat.com and, ask them to see what they can do for you.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1606 Posts
  • 953 Reply Likes
You've probably already thought of this, but if you have a specific issue with being able to retrieve the TRIA yourself do you possibly have someone who could get it for you?  It's the roof, I know, and you want to be safe, but the TRIA itself removes fairly easily.  

That being said, as Bev stated, you may have luck with emailing them.