Customer Loyalty

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need for further response.

Exede has changed plans many times since I've called on/abou18 Jul 2014. I waited a few weeks before inquiring.

First, they are offering plans now that are more desirable than before....but it is for 'NEW' customers only. If I had delayed for 2 weeks or so, I would be that "NEW" customer. I needed speed, but more importantly an economical and reliable service.

Next $10 per GB is way too much to pay for extra GB's

3rd Most network TV's stations require you to have a 'recognized' service provider in order to watch TV online after air-dates. They have a 'connection' with Direct TV...they could easily offer this. 

4th; the most disappointing problem is the speedtest+ where it measures the ping, latency and jitter. With that it's like driving 100miles per hour with a headwind in a boxcar and wood instead of rubber for tires.

5th paying $10 per month to 'rent' a modem that is both 'not' wireless and has no hub ports

6th No wireless access points thru out the nation

Photo of RickyP033

RickyP033

• 101 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of thorneo

thorneo

• 94 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
I agree with you on every point you have made. Viasat/Exede should treat their current customers better than new one's.
Photo of Cedius

Cedius

• 45 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I agree %100. I would and know many that would sign up for these newer plans in a heartbeat that are ALREADY customers. Of course it will fail, they won't give it a shot to the ones who want it. They won't get enough new customers to try this, but if you give it to your loyal subscribers, you would definitely get the results you're looking for.
Photo of Ray Jones

Ray Jones

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I feel like a got completely screwed.
I literally started service then 2 days later they started the new plans. I called and explained my circumstances and was told there was nothing they could do. What a load of junk. I can't imagine how I would feel if I was a long-time customer.   I am going to end my service as soon as I can make arrangements for another (less favorable option). It will cost me more money (huge cancellation fee) and be more of a hassle but I have this thing about not giving money to folks who don't earn my business and treat me fairly. I would gladly spend the extra money just to do business with someone who wants to treat their customers right.  I would advise everyone to make their displeasure known. I am going to take my business elsewhere because I can. I feel for those who really have no other option. 
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3164 Posts
  • 2038 Reply Likes
Be patient, don't give up so soon. In a few months things may well be coming for the current customers.
Photo of TheName141 .

TheName141 .

• 164 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
I know what you mean .  They told me there might be something next month for us current users.  I wouldn't hold my breath.
Photo of ExedeEmerald

ExedeEmerald

• 204 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Hi RickyP033 I definitely understand your frustration with the new packages that have just came out for new customers. We are having a promotion right now for our current customers. I would be more then happy to go over that with you and get you account adjusted. Please send us an email at exedelistens@viasat.com with your account information and we will be more then happy to go over that information with you. 
Photo of TheName141 .

TheName141 .

• 164 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
What are the promos ?
Photo of Cedius

Cedius

• 45 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Free 30Gb's of data, definitely a good thing, but they still need to give the current customers who are wanting to try Freedom a chance.
Photo of RickyP033

RickyP033

• 101 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

Yes, I know of the promotion...5GB's (or 30GB's) over the next 6 months.. The one problem is they charge your account...$10 per GB and it takes 'FOREVER" to put it back on your card. Also, if you use up those 30GB, you're out again. I eventually went with (I thought) the 'NEW" freedom plan for $50...put got the 'old' freedom plan for $65.

AND you have to go back to the 'OLD' way of looking at your data usage.

• 3164 Posts
  • 2038 Reply Likes
Ricky, they do not charge anything at all for the 5 GBs in the Giveaway program.  Did you switch to the Evolution Plan?  The Freedom Plan is only being offered to NEW customers in a very limited area, in the beams that are currently underutilized.
Photo of Cedius

Cedius

• 45 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
I just got word that if this goes well, then existing customers will be given the opportunity to get on the Freedom plan this fall. That is a step in the right direction, even though it should've happened to existing first.
Photo of Maryalice Nile

Maryalice Nile

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
the "promotion" is an extra 5 gigs, 6 times.  yay (can you hear the excitement in my voice...not really...).  i want the double package like the new customers.  i am a long time customer and feel the current customers should be priority, you want to keep us right?  cust serv couldn't even tell me when its going to be available to us.  they didn't even know about the current customer promotion when i called, i had to point it out that its being advertised on the boards by an exede employee
....get it together exede.  
Photo of TheName141 .

TheName141 .

• 164 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
So the promo is 15 GBs for 6 months ?
Photo of Teresa

Teresa

• 39 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
You get 5 extra gbs a month if you email them at exedelistens@viasat.com I know its not a lot but at least its something!!!!
Photo of TheName141 .

TheName141 .

• 164 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
I guess I might as well see what happens when I email them.
Photo of Cedius

Cedius

• 45 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
There are a lot of customers who would want to have the Freedom plans. They are shooting themselves in the leg by not letting their already customers have access to this.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Maryalice, I can certainly understand where your frustration comes from with wanting to be on one of the new plans. We do value our loyal customers very much and I don't want this new change to make you think otherwise. We are evaluating the Freedom plan in areas where we have the highest available capacity on our satellite beams. In these ares, we can offer virtually unlimited service without compromising our service speed and quality during this new launch. By testing these new plans out in areas with very few customers, we will be able to see how this plan impacts the different facets of the service. We are offering the extra GBs to existing customers until we will be able to give them the option of transitioning to one of the newer plans. When you called were you able to get your first 5GB? If not, I'd be happy to take care of that for you.
Photo of RickyP033

RickyP033

• 101 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Emails wont make a difference. If you are an 'OLD' loyal customer...you are out-of-luck. You don't rate the value of sticking with them while they transition. Offer the new plans to your LOYAL old customers...and instead of spending $$$$ on the commercials on TV. Give us a referral credit of those $$$$. You would save a lot and can improve on the other points I made above with the commercial ad savings.
Photo of RickyP033

RickyP033

• 101 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

BTW, if you use up those 30GB before the '6-month' period you are SOL. (and $300 on your CC)

FREE should be FREE

(Edited)
Photo of Cedius

Cedius

• 45 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
False. Those 30 GB are free, and you can use at any time you like. You can request all at one time, or however many intervals. Stop giving false info.
Photo of TheName141 .

TheName141 .

• 164 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
30 gigs.. Woo.. I can download Max Payne 3.......

• 3164 Posts
  • 2038 Reply Likes
TheName141,or you can save those Giveaway 30 GB for other things and download your Max Payne 3 during the LNFZ.
Photo of TheName141 .

TheName141 .

• 164 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Yeah. That's what I normally do.  Steam is set to update 1-4. edit: AM that is.
(Edited)
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
RickyP033, the GB added to your account during this promotion are free. We add them for you upon your request and then credit your account to cover their cost. The only time you would be charged for extra data is if you purchase it yourself online. If you'd like me to add your first 5GB for this billing cycle, I'd be more than happy to do so.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.