cuba

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

sat internet in cub i have contacted viasat they say we dont offer services does any one known which provider give service and is  it possible if i buy modem etc from ebay and setup dish and some one else in us buy packeg for viasat monthly and then i use his activation code in modem setting thanks
Photo of jone dave

jone dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 269 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Access to the internet in Cuba is restricted and censored by the government  Cuba is a communist country. I would suggest contacting local authorities. The USA has embargoes in place with Cuba so that probably eliminates USA based wireless internet companies from doing business there.
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 116 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
probably use the service you used to access this webpage
Photo of jone dave

jone dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i known its restricted i just want to known if i setup dish my self and buy modem from ebay can i activte  useing other user info  if its cuba or xyz other place this is my main question!
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 109 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Im near Cuba Missouri so I thought thats what you were referring to.  I bet even if you could get a link in Cuba, ViaSat would not activate the service.
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 269 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 269 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
You can't access Viasat no matter what as they do not have a beam directed at your country.
(Edited)
Photo of jone dave

jone dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
what i am saying is if i setup dish and i got signal also does other use activation info will work on my sat modem if its cuba mexico or whatever country
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 329 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Give it up Jone

Ain't gonna happen no matter what 'trickery' you come up with
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 269 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
You won't get a signal with Viasat in Cuba. Also you would need a Viasat issued modem to work with Viasat. The days of stealing satellite TV signals is long gone.
(Edited)
Photo of Dances with Woofs

Dances with Woofs

• 268 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
Viasat-2 probably does cover Cuba, but very unlikely you'll get at it outside the wire on Gitmo.

HughesNet apparently does but...

https://www.montanasatellite.com/hughesnet-cuba/

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.