cuba

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

sat internet in cub i have contacted viasat they say we dont offer services does any one known which provider give service and is  it possible if i buy modem etc from ebay and setup dish and some one else in us buy packeg for viasat monthly and then i use his activation code in modem setting thanks
Photo of jone dave

jone dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 350 Posts
  • 139 Reply Likes
Access to the internet in Cuba is restricted and censored by the government  Cuba is a communist country. I would suggest contacting local authorities. The USA has embargoes in place with Cuba so that probably eliminates USA based wireless internet companies from doing business there.
Photo of jone dave

jone dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i known its restricted i just want to known if i setup dish my self and buy modem from ebay can i activte  useing other user info  if its cuba or xyz other place this is my main question!
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 350 Posts
  • 139 Reply Likes
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 350 Posts
  • 139 Reply Likes
You can't access Viasat no matter what as they do not have a beam directed at your country.
(Edited)
Photo of jone dave

jone dave

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
what i am saying is if i setup dish and i got signal also does other use activation info will work on my sat modem if its cuba mexico or whatever country
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 338 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
Give it up Jone

Ain't gonna happen no matter what 'trickery' you come up with
Photo of Homeskillet

Homeskillet

• 350 Posts
  • 139 Reply Likes
You won't get a signal with Viasat in Cuba. Also you would need a Viasat issued modem to work with Viasat. The days of stealing satellite TV signals is long gone.
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 319 Posts
  • 282 Reply Likes
Viasat-2 probably does cover Cuba, but very unlikely you'll get at it outside the wire on Gitmo.

HughesNet apparently does but...

https://www.montanasatellite.com/hughesnet-cuba/

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.