Create new exede.net mail address

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I have one exede.net account and wish to have another exede.net address.

In stumbling around I found one viasat page that said "Opps under construction"

How do I get to a place I can add/create another new address?
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2747 Posts
  • 1725 Reply Likes
Just go to your exede.net mail account page. in the upper right corner, to the right of your name, click the down arrow. Then click on Manage users, then on that page, click on the Add user
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3279 Posts
  • 1889 Reply Likes
Do what you want, but I would create a Google or Yahoo mail account and not create another account on the 3rd party Viasat e-mail server that can be unreliable at times.
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I can get to https://webmail.exede.net/ and when I open the menu there is no Manage users,
only thing close is Household management which has no path to create a newuser@exede.net

On account.viasat.com I do not find an option to create a new email account.

About 3rd party mail.
I have a dozen right now of various flavors and use each for specific uses, only one @exede.net currently. 

What I would really like is myusername@viasat.net 
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3279 Posts
  • 1889 Reply Likes
I think many if us run multiple emails. Helps tell me where that address leaked from :).

I just say though, Google does a great job of spam filtering. Maybe too good. I had to make rules to allow valid mail though :).
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2747 Posts
  • 1725 Reply Likes
Bob, sorry, I meant to say click on Household Management. That opens a new tab, Manage Users, the bottom is Add A New User
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks for the effort but still no go.

There is only my email account displayed and only editable feature is to modify my name as it appears in outgoing mail.

No Add New User
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 360 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Bob, Steve gave you the correct sequence, when you log into your email account you click the down arrow in the upper right corner next to your user name, then select "Household Management"..you should see this:

Manage Users

Account Members
* indicates required fields

your user name@exede.net (me)

Add a New User  +

You can click on "Add" or click on the "+" 
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Tried on two different OSs and browsers

No "Add a New User" in the menu
Will escalate
Thanks...
Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 360 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Bob, when you get to the "Account members" display are you shown as the only "Account member" with your correct @exede.net user name?  If someone else is shown as the account member then you are not authorized to create a new user...please let us know what the problem turns out to be after you escalate it and problem is solved.