Considering exede Freedom 150gb plan

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
If I stream 20 hrs of video/week and maybe 15 hrs of browsing, can anyone give me any estimate of how long my data will last. 25MBPS speed
Photo of Ron

Ron

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of DebG

DebG, Champion

• 28 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
According to Netflix, their medium playback setting uses up to 0.7GB of data per hour.  Their best video quality uses 3GB per hour, and Ultra HD uses 7GB per hour.  I stream Netflix at the medium setting for a few hours each day on average, and I seldom use more than half my data allowance on the Freedom 150 plan.  I don't know how many hours per week I browse online, but I know it's a lot more than 15.

I used to monitor my data use daily, but I've stopped worrying about it.  Exede sends me a warning if I hit 70% (which I did once), and that works fine for me.
Photo of Pitcher Gia

Pitcher Gia

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
whatever you are a patsy..We the consumer should not be monitered .we should have the choice of unlimited .so you like getting a warning?
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3009 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
Okay, assume HD Video, that would be 20 GB per week approximately, so 80 GB for the month. That would leave you 70 GB for web browsing, email, updates and, other online activities. Of course webpages vary in size depending on the site and, the content of the page.

If you use an ad and media blocker, like UBlock or UBlock Origin (whichever your preferred browser supports) to block videos and advertisements form loading, you should have plenty of data on the Freedom Plan for anything you want to do online.
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1533 Posts
  • 875 Reply Likes

Forget all that... if you can get the freedom plan- you get it.  It won't be offered in your area very long and then you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it if you let it go.

Photo of Andy Schack

Andy Schack, Champion

• 467 Posts
  • 339 Reply Likes
I've actually got a potential customer right now who is sitting on the fence about getting the Freedom 150. We keep telling her that it is NOT going to be offered forever. I know what's going to happen....she's going to wait too long, miss out, and then be ticked with ME because SHE couldn't make a decision. Oh well, too late to become a lawyer or doctor.

Andy
Photo of Steve Clemens

Steve Clemens

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have the Freedom Plan 150GB + boost, I have 1 Roku TV on during the day, 1 at night, a laptop generally on all day...I use SlingTV for streaming, mainly CNN/MSNBC, day and night, I reached the 150GB in SEVEN DAYS. There is apparently to be a "slowing", access I now have is NA DA... no emails, no TV, not much browsing.
Photo of Pitcher Gia

Pitcher Gia

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Look i know paid to say this.....we Americans deserve the best you are not addressing the issue of price fixing ...
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3006 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
Simply put, internet service is a WANT, not a need. You either choose to purchase what is available where you want service, or you don't, or you move to where the service you want is available.

As for the price of Unlimited, quite reasonable given what is involved in delivering it to us.
Photo of Steve Clemens

Steve Clemens

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Lets put it this way, and in context, internet is a "fee for service", just like medical care, you are absolutely free to access anything you want.... as long as you are able to pay at check out....just like going to the grocery store, lots of people would like to eat prime rib every night... but reality sets in and it's just plain ol 82/20 hamburger on the plate.

Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1859 Posts
  • 1531 Reply Likes
That would be 102% hamburger!!
Photo of Steve Clemens

Steve Clemens

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

we have that in markets here  ;)     80/20 is good just the same.

Photo of Steve Clemens

Steve Clemens

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
My sleep habits are not the problem Bev, as I am home 24 hours a day, 4 hours of streaming is not realistic. I imagine 1 laptop, 1 VoIP, 1 streaming TV/day, another/night, would add up to 22 hours per day.
If I could send an email today, I might get some satisfaction from customer support.
Photo of Pitcher Gia

Pitcher Gia

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Windstream has no data caps.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3006 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
You are correct, they do not but, they are not available everywhere.
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1531 Posts
  • 873 Reply Likes
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong Windstream, but I see they only have 3 towers in the San Francisco Bay area and they handle business accounts only.

Photo of Steve Clemens

Steve Clemens

• 23 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
25 Mbps Internet

Promotions
Features
  • Up to 25 Mbps download speeds
  • 24/7 U.S.-based support
  • Option to add Shield® Security for a low monthly rate

only$54.99a month for 12 mo.

info for zip code 52031

http://orderwindstream.com/internet.php?PID=google:Windstream_Internet:Windstream_Seed_1_Hot_Spot:Wi...

(Edited)
Photo of Judge and Jury

Judge and Jury

• 1531 Posts
  • 873 Reply Likes

Thanks for the link.  Google didn't do a very good job yesterday, showed me this: https://www.windstreambusiness.com/shop/products/ca/san-francisco