Not happy with service

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
I'm fed up and I know I'm not the only one. Not only is this company practicing misleading and false advertising practices but they are blatant criminals. My data usage is used before my billing cycle even begins it seems. My download speeds never reach above 200 kilobytes and now they want to offer an add on package to give me speeds upto 5 mobs after I go over the data usage. This is gross misconduct. This company should not be in businees. They are thieves, blatantly stealing from paying customers who have no other options for internet. They are taking advantage of us but together we can stand against them and take them down. Who is with me?
Photo of Elizabeth Ecker

Elizabeth Ecker

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • frustrated and motivated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2154 Posts
  • 384 Reply Likes
Hi Elizabeth, I am so sorry to hear of all you issues. We want to make we  provide all customer with the highest quality of service available! We would never do anything to compromise that. What can we do to assist you with your issue? Please send your account and contact information to exedelistens@viasat.com. Thank You.
Photo of Wayne Pike

Wayne Pike

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
My name is Gary I put up With there Service for over 2 years and this is the way they treat you yes you are correct they are thieves and criminals as you say andmore my personal experience was this I had to cut off to catch up on bills and I went by there terms right !! I've got on my own voice recorder promising not to Bill me and got them guys lying to me and then billing me and I cancel service before the end of my next month service and then they keep saying we don't offer refunds but it is not a refund it's just simply not charging for the next month I did it in plenty of time and they still charge me this is where they get you at there should be a law against companies who say they have to have your checking account to have service with them that's the only way that they can set it up then they use it against you to scam money from you and I have legal documentation proving it I want everybody not to use these people they are Crooks and criminals I will get on ever blog site that I can find and let people know about your experience let's band together and put these criminals out of business
Photo of Wayne Pike

Wayne Pike

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I said to anyone who wants to start a class action lawsuit I'm on board because these guys need to be put out of business
(Edited)
Photo of Chad Connolly

Chad Connolly

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What do we need to do ?? I am dissatisfied also with their service ...
Photo of Craig Moha Qauid

Craig Moha Qauid

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm in
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 671 Posts
  • 293 Reply Likes
Hi Wayne, sorry to hear you've had these issues with your bill. Shoot us an email with your account or phone no. to exedelistens@viasat.com and we'll see what we can do to help.
Photo of LaVerne Miers-Bond

LaVerne Miers-Bond

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree!  My data is gone well before my month is up, yet there is no way to see when it is being used.  I never stream movies and really only use it for email, web research and social media.  I only have 3 gigs on my phone and NEVER use it all even tho I use my phone more and do not connect it to my home wifi for this reason!
Photo of Susy Forfa

Susy Forfa

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I know your pain> paid bill yesteday, used 21 percent of allotted data today- just checking email
Photo of Chad Connolly

Chad Connolly

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same here can't tell how much we use , but they can .. Hmmm very strange...
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2154 Posts
  • 384 Reply Likes
Hi LaVerne, Please send us an email with your account information. we're here to help answer all of your questions. Our email address is exedelistens@viasat.com. We look forward to assisting you.
Photo of Lynne Crunkleton

Lynne Crunkleton

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I called today to discontinue service. I have had Exede for a year. It was supposed to be a part of a bundle from DirectTV. DirectTV never installed service because they do not allow their employees to get on the roof of a 3 story town home in which they have to mount a ladder on a deck YET, Exede wants me to get on the same roof and remove a part or be charged $150 OR I can have a tech come out and remove for $95.  My one year of paying for the service with no data usage (service was horrible) and $180 cancellation fee isn't enough for them I guess.
Photo of Trisha Stricker

Trisha Stricker

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
My data is used up within a week of the bill being paid. Usually before a week. I'm the only one who uses it. I have updates on my phone and laptop disabled. The only time I connect my phone to the wifi is when my phone signal is weak and then I look at whatever I need to and get off it. I don't stream anything. I have uploaded a few pictures but I would have to upload 500 of them to use all that data. If I could get another service, I would. We just can't get anything else in our area. :(
Photo of Chuck Austin

Chuck Austin

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i very unhappy only thing that seems to fix thing so it dont take forever to load a page is when they reset there server there tec came out never looked into problem just took pic and he came on diffent day then he was asked to wheen i was going to cut it off they said i was break the agrement it does not matter how bad there service is they got us hooked
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3297 Posts
  • 3277 Reply Likes
You would do better to follow the advice given above by  Alex, Corporate Communications or Diana, Employee 

Your current approach will probably not end well...
(Edited)
Photo of Danny Termin

Danny Termin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
The representative/salesman from Direct TV/ Exede, that came to my house lied to me. I showed him my providers invoices, told him what I wanted and what I expected. He said there was no problem with that. With that I would be paying, I would save $19 a month and all the internet/phone service I needed, I usually run out of gigs the second week of the month. I disconnected my TV from the inter-net. I can't what a pay per view without paying an additional $29.95, on top of the pay per view charge, for enough gigs. The Direct TV/Viasat representative lied to me, flatout.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2883 Posts
  • 962 Reply Likes
Could you email me at viasatlistens@viasat.com I'll take a look

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.