Check your plans

• Praise
  • Updated 10 months ago
So after a week, the plan options are back for me. I noticed my $150 unlimited silver is now $100. I changed to that. Others may want to check. Thanks for the cheaper price. Good thing I checked, I would have been mad paying $50 more next month!
Photo of Gary R Dooley

Gary R Dooley

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Bill H

Bill H

• 17 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Garry,  I signed up 3 weeks ago (2nd time as customer) with the Silver 25, with 3 months at $100, then $150 after that.   My portal shows the plan now at $100 as you said.   Nice Christmas gift..   
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Nice. Just switched. Love it.

Even if gold is offered soon, 30 days until new plans anyhow.
(Edited)
Photo of Spinninghorse

Spinninghorse, Champion

• 178 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
I have the Freedom 150 ($100) and will stick with that for now, but I see the Unlimited Silver 25 Mpbs 150 (480p) is now offered for $100. Thank you for the heads up.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1687 Posts
  • 1003 Reply Likes

This pricing plan hasn't made it to beam 369... yet.  I hope it shows up quickly. I need a 3rd account here and I hope the newer lower prices are here by New Years day.  Then there will be a Classic 10, a Freedom 150, and an unlimited to choose from for different situations that make one plan better to use than another.  What... ME run out of data??? NEVER !!

C'mon Viasat... get on this....  yea, beam 369.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Free bump. I think this move is worthy of high praise. Don’t forget to check your plan offerings.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2237 Posts
  • 1110 Reply Likes
Viasat 2 is about to go live very soon.  I predict that a bunch of boo boos will start complaining all over again.

Some of you people could be hanged with a brand new rope and you would still complain.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
True.

I think we have at least 30 days till new offerings though.

I wonder if the new modems will still use all our data when we are on vacation?
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2797 Posts
  • 1763 Reply Likes
I am at the lake during June, July, August and part of September.  have the original SB2 modem, it is online 24/7/365 and it has never used any data while I am gone.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Lol. I was tongue in cheek. Keep seeing those threads pop up :)
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3121 Posts
  • 1100 Reply Likes
Plans are still being worked out  (I suspect probably for weeks to come) but they will vary where you are located as satellite will continue to work the same way it does now. I think the part that I as an employee that handles complaints all week is looking forward to is a shared workload between the 2 satellites and give some areas some much needed relief during peak hours. 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3474 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
This isn't everywhere. In my location it is still woefully overpriced at $150/month. So I get a lump of coal where I live :).
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
I’m not sure it hasn’t changed back where I live (to $150). Odd.
Photo of Colleen Carr

Colleen Carr

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
i was thrilled to see the lower price. Best Christmas gift ever as I was really struggling with the 150 which ends up being way more with taxes etc
Photo of Concentric Circles

Concentric Circles

• 84 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
You guys seriously pay over $100 per month for internet?  I would never do that.  I have 10 G a month for about $60.  I tried better plans, but they only extended the time to throttling a few days.  If the new plans with Viasat II are so expensive, I'm changing to cell phone service. 
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Hmmm. $60 for 10gb priority data or $100 for 150gb?

I do feel dumb.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2237 Posts
  • 1110 Reply Likes
I pay $60.99 a month and downloaded 290 GB last month. I feel dumb too.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3471 Posts
  • 2013 Reply Likes
Stephen has the advantage of an under utilized beam :)
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
And most likely no kids to watch YouTube during prime time hours. Makes a difference on how service is perceived.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3471 Posts
  • 2013 Reply Likes
Very true.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3474 Posts
  • 2014 Reply Likes
$100 is my max. But not paying that for standard definition video. I pay $60 now for unlimited 5 hours a day and 1080p. Not a bad deal :).
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3121 Posts
  • 1100 Reply Likes
I will once again revert back to my advice earlier this year when FREEDOM PLAN was the hot ticket everyone wanted: Routinely check for it and if you see it.....get it!!!

Sometimes these plans are like spotting Bigfoot. It may appear for a bit and then disappear or someone will say they saw it and when you go on you don't see it. It's all based on the beams sometimes enough strain is loosened on the beam and the top tier plans appear, other times the beam may be pretty full and that plan is pulled from being offered to keep performance up. 
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1087 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
I was a little worried about this as the $100 silver was only available for one day. It never showed the price again for me on my account page. Whether a gift from the satellite gods or a freak error, ViaSat honored the price. I received my $100 invoice yesterday (plus leases fee and taxes- prorated of course). Thanks ViaSat.