Changing plans

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

This is a question that I thought some others might be interested in the answer so posing it here. Right now in the summer the 12 GB plan is more than adequate to meet our needs.  However, in the winter since we like to stream both concerts and some sporting events that are not on TV, if we wanted to upgrade to a larger plan during the winter, is it a huge hassle to go back down when we get back to summer again?  We don't mind buying an extra GB now and then but it is more economical to add an extra 6 GB if we thought it would enhance our ability to stream than buy them individually.  
Photo of Jacqueline Tierney

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
  • curious

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Dalen Phillips

Dalen Phillips

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
When I first researched Exede, I asked a very similar question to the representative.  If this is not accurate, I'm sure I'll be corrected.  However, I was advised that during the billing cycle, you could "up" your package at any time and just pay the difference.  If you wish to move to a lower tier at any time, it will be reflected and activated during your next billing cycle.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3155 Posts
  • 1120 Reply Likes
Hello Jacqeline,

Dalen is correct: You can change your plans as much as needed to reflect your internet usage. With us being pro-rated with billing your plan changes will be reflected on the next bill with either a pro-rated fee or credit.
Photo of Jacqueline Tierney

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
Thank you both to Dalen and Exede Brad for clarifying how this works.  :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.