Changing local dealer

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Can I change my local dealer to another local dealer?
Photo of James Billinger

James Billinger

• 153 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Yes you can call Viasat and they can change it on your account. I'm going to have to do the same thing.
Photo of James Billinger

James Billinger

• 153 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Do I need to tell them who I want to switch to
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
They should have a list you can choose from or you can look at Viasat.com
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 992 Posts
  • 493 Reply Likes
Go to viasat.com and look up local dealers.  Find one you like, or decide to move to the national fulfillment network.  Then, call into Care, ask for a sales channel change.  Generally takes 72 hours, sometimes a bit longer, if the team working these is backed up.  (I used to be on said team)
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Awesome Thank you so much Matt. I will call this afternoon since I already know what dealer I want to switch to.
Photo of J&J

J&J

• 1788 Posts
  • 1081 Reply Likes

You mean we get 'attached' to a particular dealer?  I never knew that.  The same dealer put in the 3 systems here and I really like his work, first-class all the way every time so I guess I'm lucky.  Just so Viasat knows, it's Clearview Communications and they are from Gilroy CA.  If there is a scoring system, please give them 3 more points for doing great work.

Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Yes, when your system was installed if you contacted a local dealer to do it then they are automatically assigned to you if you called customer care for support. But if you called the national number to sign up for service then you are attached to Viasat fulfillment network.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 642 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
What does it matter what dealer is listed on your account?
Photo of Billy Hodges

Billy Hodges

• 133 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Because if you ever need service the dealer is the one that comes out and if you don't like how that dealer is then it makes since to change dealer.
Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 642 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
OK, good to know!
Photo of James Billinger

James Billinger

• 153 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Matt B I contacted customer support though agent chat via facebook and request a local to local dealer change and they said they can't do that only can do local to national.
(Edited)
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2183 Reply Likes
"Then, call into Care, ask for a sales channel change. "

This is what Matt B said to do, not Facebook.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 992 Posts
  • 493 Reply Likes
They're wrong.  Chat agents have this ability, just as any other agent..  Call into Care, rather than chatting.  Tell them you want to move from your current dealer to a new one.  They do it all the time.  
Photo of James Billinger

James Billinger

• 153 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Ok MAtt thank I think I got them to change it to my prefer local dealer over phone I hope lol