change your advertising please!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

It's 2019 now and I am writing to you today to tell you either come up with a new commercial for your service or stop advertising so darn much. You got to be spending a lot of money flooding the television networks with this ad. We frankly are sick and tired of it. We watch MEtv out of Kansas City and I swear your ad runs at least once if not twice per 30 minutes. It's old and frankly turns people off from your service all together. Please come up with a new business plan!!!!! Thank you for your time!
Photo of R. Lerner

R. Lerner

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
What is wrong with it?
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3416 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
In a previous life part of my gruntwork when a newscast wasn't about to air I'd load the commercials into the system. I think some of that is by the actual station. You may want to contact them about the placement. If I recall correctly the advertisers pay for a time period but not placement.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2178 Reply Likes
 "once if not twice per 30 minutes"
It would be great if we saw the same ad on TV ONLY every 30 minutes.
I see the same ads every time a commercial comes up, every 8 minutes.
Since we're at it Brad, can you just stop all commercials from every advertiser for us?
And that tag on the back of our shirts that always seems to stick you, how about getting rid of that.  ( Boy, if I knew it was that easy to do I would have asked you a lot sooner!)
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
What plan are you on and how much data have you used for your current billing cycle?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2178 Reply Likes
"What plan are you on and how much data have you used for your current billing cycle?"

We see this once or twice per 30 minutes!  :-)
Photo of Viacrap

Viacrap

• 38 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Jim16 bot much. Lol
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3082 Posts
  • 1979 Reply Likes
I must be in the wrong part of the country here in upstate NY. I have never seen a TV ad for Viasat, but do see the ads for Hughesnet numerous times a day. 

TV ads on TV are a way of life. Don't like to see them, turn your TV off.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1803 Posts
  • 1135 Reply Likes
I've seen one ViaSat TV ad, and I've seen it maybe four times since first seeing it many months ago.  Until then I hadn't seen a TV ad, nor a print ad, from ViaSat or its predecessors since moving back to this area almost seventeen years ago.
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
I have to agree with Steve on the

"TV ads on TV are a way of life. Don't like to see them, turn your TV off."

It's just that simple. There is 2 option left also. Just cancel the TV and go with the newspaper or deal and weal with it. Either Steve's option or my 2 options.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
I have never seen a TV ad for Viasat either.  I do get a ton of advertisements in the mail from Hughesnet though.

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
Oooooooo!!! Seems like hughesnet wants you to be there subscriber instead of viasat. I used to get them alot when I signed up for exede (back when it was called exede. Then Viasat name came back) It got so dang annoying. I did saw a viasat tv add onto my massage dishnetwork when commercials were going. (Don't remember the TV stations. My ma just watches TV. I hardly don't. Expect the news.)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1797 Posts
  • 1131 Reply Likes
I rarely get HughesNet print ads, and all of the ones I do get are the ones with no address and for the post office person to distribute to everyone, which makes sense, of course.  

I do see constant HughesNet ads, though.  I don't think there's a day that goes by where I don't see Sitara Hewitt, cheerfully plugging away.  Then again, I don't mind it too much, and neither to a lot of other guys, or so I've noticed on social media.  LOL.

To be honest, though, I think constantly plugging a product when it's at or near its saturation point is a recipe for a lot of angry customers, including the ones that already have the service, as theirs will be affected by all of those new customers, too.  Mine certainly has.  I realize a profit has to be made, and the bottom line needs to always go up to please stockholders, but there has got to be a limit for system with the same.  

Edit:  Don't get me wrong, they are limiting the available plans now, but they're still selling them on beams where I really don't think they should.
(Edited)
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 799 Posts
  • 494 Reply Likes
Like Stephen, I have never once seen a Viasat or Wildblue/Exede ad on TV. I do see a ton of HN commercials though.

• 3082 Posts
  • 1979 Reply Likes
I have never seen an ad on my TV for Viasat. What plan must I switch to in order to get these ads?

On the other hand, Hughesnet ads run regularly, they have the same ad every time. 
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3416 Posts
  • 1283 Reply Likes
I think a few markets there's strong ad campaigns. I'm guessing in Designated Media Areas (aka where your local channels cover) may overlap with a few less busier beams? My aunt poked me with her cane and told me to change the ads when I went to visit the extended family over the holidays. So we hear which ones people get annoyed with semi regularly. 
Photo of Jab

Jab

• 1158 Posts
  • 164 Reply Likes
@Brad

One reseller is placing ads on testmy.net, and if this reseller's site is visited, it gives the impression of unlimited data...no specifics are given with the plans about data buckets.  Note...I was using VZW's internet...the IP used was geographically based so this ad was targeted to people living in a region.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1803 Posts
  • 1135 Reply Likes
I hadn't seen a ViaSat TV ad until sometime last year. Since then I've seen one a few more times, but very rarely.

Actually, the first ViaSat ad of any kind I saw was at a local Harley gathering last spring.   They had a small tent set up, though there was no one there when I walked by.    
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 346 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
The actors on the add are fairly pleasant and it wouldn't be a bad add except for its bogus dialogue of "super fast" internet, misleading and deceptive.  I had never seen any adds in my area until about a month or so ago.  That is when our speeds became shamefully slow and the "Median" announcement was made, V telling folks they could leave and getting majorly throttled even with 95% of your priority data remaining.

Putting this all in context, really shows disregard, disrespect and indifference to their current customers.

It would be nice to find a tech company (application developers, hardware developers and ISP's) that have a moral compass and not build things to track, collect, and invade/violate individual privacy.

Viasat's latest decisions lack basic integrity and commitment to their current customers.

They are just another company in this high tech world that has distanced themselves from their customers and since they don't have to look a customer in their eyes they act accordingly.

Viasat Listens, really ????????????

• 3082 Posts
  • 1979 Reply Likes
Those constant Hughesnet ads aren't any different, they make claims that you can get high speed internet anywhere in the country. In some area, they do deliver fast internet, in other area, not so fast. One has to understand that the marketing types are out to sell product, not to tell the truth.

Enjoy your weekend.
Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 346 Posts
  • 150 Reply Likes
I agree that their motive is to sell a product and not tell the truth

But they could and should be more truthful. After all 95% of their customers have no other option anyway, so why not take the high rode, and tell them like it is.

But they have chosen to take the low road, deceptive ness , two year contract, oh well.

So V reaps their rewards, but discontent from day one, they initiated the problem thru their deceptive advertisements resulting in paying but disappointed customers.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1803 Posts
  • 1135 Reply Likes
Though I agree that what could be considered by some to be deceptive advertising can be annoying and somewhat angering, there is one thing that would help people make a good choice, as well as keep them from making a bad one.  Research.  Ads and salespeople are there to sell a product or service, not its limitations.    

The bottom line is that people should research what they buy.  And I mean actually research it.  Not rely on ads or salespeople.  And this is especially the case when that product or service includes a contract.  

To paraphrase Sy Syms' well known and commonly used slogan, "A well informed consumer is a smart consumer."

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@GabeU

Right back atcha.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
A Deku appeance?

Things have gotten worse since you left, as the Viasat plan modifications have hit a lot of us hard.

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@VeteranSatUser

Hmmm... I wonder why thing's have gotten worse since I left. Hmmm... Oh well I guess. You guy's do what is best for you. Don't think for a minute that I'm the same Deku Cheerleader that used to cheer for Viasat long time ago.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2662 Posts
  • 1391 Reply Likes
Confirmation that Viasat has gone down the tubes.

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@Stephen Rice

Welp. That's on Viasat themselves. Viasat DID have gpod intentions at the beginning. BUT! Ever since Viasat started to get all that money in there pockets. It's like now Viasat has sold their soul to the Devil himself. Plus, Viasat is digging themselves a bigger and wider hole for themselves. I feel really bad for the Viasat Employee's to be honest. Because I really don't think the Employee's of Viasat don't really want to do this to their customers to be honest. So they have to lie about certain things.

This is just what I'm seeing from the Forums. This also happens to people who work at GameStop also. Their employees have to lie in order to get more money for there store. I heard stories about that. GameStop Employee's probably don't like to do that because they want to be honest but can't or else they will get fired. Now if you can see the bigger picture and put yourself in GameStop employee shoes. Then it's just so sad.

But hey, This is how I honestly feel about Viasat. Not only for the company itself, But also for the employees and customers also. That is how I honestly feel.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
I know you are no longer a cheerleader for Viasat Deku.

Let's see. I can think of half a dozen posters on here alone that have now looked for alternate forms of internet since the plan changes. And that is just a small number of posters on this forum.

I have now started my extensive testing now to see if I too will be an ex Viasat user. Lot of stuff to work through. Won't happen overnight, but the process has started.
(Edited)

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@VeteranSatUser

Yeah you are right on point with everything you have said. I couldn't agree more with you on that my dude. I too will be in the process of testing the limits on my end for the device itself. (If I ever get around to it that is. Just too much in my life at the moment.)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3172 Reply Likes
You are in the middle of a blizzard! Plenty of time. You ain't going anywhere anytime soon :)

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
Yeah you're right. But like I said before. I'm using my cellphone data to come onto the forum's. Since Viasat is completely out. I'll plug it back in tomorrow morning or afternoon whenever I wake up. In the meantime, I'll use my hotspot device to do stuff on my cellphone, Nintendo Switch and my Ipad to maybe watch some Anime. :3

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.