Can't get to TSP.gov

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. No need of further response at current time.

I can't get to TSP.gov!! I need this site!!! It worked this morning about 8 am central time. I tried to go back to it at 9 am but it won't connect, IE says page cannot be displayed. Phone support is "doing upgrades, call back later". This is similar to the problem many people had getting to weather.gov a few months ago.
Photo of Steven Case

Steven Case

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3164 Posts
  • 2038 Reply Likes
I just tried and it came right up. I am using Chrome.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3164 Posts
  • 2038 Reply Likes
Works with IE also.
Photo of Steven Case

Steven Case

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still not working with IE 10 or Firefox. Firefox connects but then the connection is reset. My location is middle TN.
Photo of Exede Zac

Exede Zac

• 183 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Steven, 

Have you tried to reach a Technical Care agent to troubleshoot this? They can be reached at 866-945-3258 option 2 for around the clock assistance. 

Thank you.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Steven, Post this same message at www.wildblueworld.com/forums. I may be able to help but don't know how to p.m. you from here.
Photo of Steven Case

Steven Case

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for all the replies. The problem seems to be with my router, when I connect the computer directly to the modem the web site comes up normally. I don't know what could have happened to the router. Whatever it is it only blocks one site so far. The firmware is up to date. I have sent an email to the router tech support.
Photo of Steven Case

Steven Case

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Update, about 3 pm central yesterday my service went down. I called tech support, after a runaround during which I had to give them the last four of my billing card they told me there was an outage. Viasat tech support is just as bad as Huges in India!! these script readers don't know anything! I told the person that I was looking at the web page from the modem, they didn't know what I was talking about. This is not the first time I have gotten this reaction. What good is tech support when you can't get to someone who knows the system? Before the outage I had to clone my computer MAC to get all sites to come up, this was with two different routers. The instructions on both routers say MAC cloning is because of the ISP. Today all sites are working with both routers at factory default settings.This is the third problem I have had this year caused by Viasat. Back in the Spring my modem would drop the connection every 30 hours. I called in and a tech came out ,repointed the dish and changed the modem. He said I needed to change to all copper cables. I changed them, no good, still dropping after 30 hrs. I was ready to call again when the problem fixed itself. I noticed that the software version had changed. This all took several months! Then I and others couldn't get to the weather.gov sites. It took a month for Viasat to fix the problem. Now this, at least it didn't take as long to get a fix. I really don't like paying to be a beta tester for Viasat!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.