Can't send with Outlook 2013

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Just switched providers to Exede and now I can't send e-mail via Outlook 2013. Can receive just fine but send e-mail. What the heck?
Photo of Paul Davitt

Paul Davitt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello Paul, sorry for the trouble you've had with outgoing mail through Outlook. It sounds as if some configurations may not be quite correct. Please feel free to review the links for: OUTGOING MAIL SERVER (SMTP) SETTING FOR EMAIL. These links should help with resetting your outgoing mail configuration. Thank you

Outgoing: http://help.exede.net/articles/General/4049?_ga=1.168315624.874620213.1431369751

Incoming: http://help.exede.net/articles/Denver_FAQ/3317?_ga=1.72919642.874620213.1431369751
Photo of Paul Davitt

Paul Davitt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
These articles are not in relation to the problem.  I am checking my personal e-mail (paul@davitt.com) via Outlook 2013 via POP/SMTP server, not in website interface for wildblue/exede.  And I still can't send my e-mail (yet I can receive e-mail) and the only difference is tht I changed my provider. 
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hi Paul, those specific links previously provided are configuration for troubleshooting your Outlook. If those specific instructions do not allow you to configure your outbox/inbox settings correctly your next step would be contact Microsoft for further assistance, as we are limited to troubleshooting with Outlook. Thank  you.  
Photo of Paul Davitt

Paul Davitt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was able to fix the problem.  By lengthening the time-out time from 1 minute to 5 minutes I am now able to send e-mail.  I can't see why this would fix the problem but there must be some sort of difference (and I'm not sure it's good) between Hughesnet and Exede.  Regardless, it works.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.