Can't login to various websites with ViaSat

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • In Progress
On a website I need to use to get work on I get "Invalid username or password" while both my friend and girlfriend who live in other locations get on with their PCs and mobile devices with the same username and password that won't work for me. I even used the same operating system and browsers they did. Any suggestions?
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 856 Posts
  • 442 Reply Likes
Al, 

It could be an issue on our side.  Send us your info to viasatlistens@viasat.com including your account number and the sites you're not able to reach.  A screenshot of the error message might also be useful.

While we're looking at that stuff, if you're using a laptop, can you go to another location (preferably with a different ISP) to rule out an issue with your computer?  Or possibly use another computer on your Viasat connection?
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I don't own a laptop. I have another computer I could try but would as a last resort as swapping them out is a PITA . Since I have tried I.E., Firefox, Opera and Google it seems it is just a case of ViaSat not getting along with certain websites. Strangely enough I have issues with the ViaSat website it's self. I can't sign in there either or reset my password.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
i just tried the ViaSat browser that did not work either.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3597 Posts
  • 2101 Reply Likes
Try running through a free VPN and see if it works.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Tried AVG VPN with both Firefox and Opera did not work. Maybe try a different older computer on same modem later.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
 ViaSat listens is a joke. It is pretty obvious my problem won't be solved by simple means. I finally received a reply from them telling me to call customer care. The chances of a fix using 3rd world country tech support reading off a script are slim and none. I figured coming here would be better than that. I guess not.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Just tried a different computer running XP same result.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3139 Posts
  • 1111 Reply Likes
Hi Al,

The reason you were directed to our support number is that we have to do advanced tech support to find out why the sites won't load our Tier 3 team will need to potentially run a trace and go from there try to log in with your info to duplicate the error, etc. That's something we can't do via email, it requires live troubleshooting for us to figure out and honestly that's going to take advanced support. You should have been escalated but if you try again let the agent know you need to talk to our tier 3/SAC team for a website loading issue otherwise you'll get the standard troubleshooting as if NO website loads as opposed to a few that won't load after logging in.  
Photo of Carmen Metcalf

Carmen Metcalf

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Al Santoyos. Did they over resolve a problem? I have the same problem. I called yesterday and they "escalated" the situation and issued me a trouble ticket.

(Edited)
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I resolved the problem. Verizon Wireless has improved enough in my area that I switched to them. No more Viacrap.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2269 Posts
  • 1976 Reply Likes
You are a shill and get paid by Verizon.  Everyone be advised.
(Edited)
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3578 Posts
  • 2091 Reply Likes
Lot of shills on here!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1023 Posts
  • 628 Reply Likes
With each successive post it becomes more evident.    
Photo of Tom Greenlee

Tom Greenlee

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How many 'shills' to the dollar?
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Shill, you guys are full of it. Verizon isn't great either, it is just the best of the worst in my area. An obvious shill is someone who pimps a product that most everyone hates and that would be Viacrap. Just Google Viasat sucks, the only positive comments about them are from people selling their service and this site right here.
Photo of Tom Greenlee

Tom Greenlee

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ho Hum
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 2818 Posts
  • 1780 Reply Likes
At my home, Viasat outperforms Verizon with their one bar of signal by leaps and bounds. Been a faithful member of the Wildblue/Exede/Viasat service for nearly 11 years with no complaints.
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I get 2-3 bars on the Verizon hotspot and 0-3 on my cell phone. Viasat most of the time would beat Verizon wireless for speed, but it was unreliable, even on the rare clear day it would just drop out up to a dozen times a day. I had issues logging into websites, email, etc,etc. No issues in those areas with Verizon. Viasat support was terrible and even though a tech said my dish was obsolete he said he had no authority to replace it if it tested ok when he was here. I have had Verizon for 20 days and it hasn't dropped once. Visat would have dropped 50-100 times in that period even without heavy rain. I tried AT & T wireless a couple years ago and it was unusable, they and Verizon are the top two best in my area, which isn't saying much.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3578 Posts
  • 2091 Reply Likes
Verizon outperforms Viasat at my location in terms of performance and obviously latency. Unfortunately, Verizon isn't robust enough to meet my internet needs. So I use Viasat.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1023 Posts
  • 628 Reply Likes
Just Google Viasat sucks, the only positive comments about them are from people selling their service and this site right here.
And if one were to Google "Verizon Sucks", what do you think they would find?  Hmm?  Do you think people are going to find a lot of positive comments on Verizon on sites that can be found by searching "Verizon Sucks"?  Hmm?  

Nothing like searching for biased comments, then using the biased comments as evidence of something. 

While searching for just plain ViaSat I find quite a few positive comments and reviews.  All positive?  Of course not.  But I don't search out biased comments.  When I search I search for just plain comments. 

And, BTW, it's human nature for people to be more apt to complain when they are unsatisfied than they are to compliment when it's the opposite.  

And I get one to two bars here, with a speed rarely exceeding 2Mbps.  
Photo of Al Santayos

Al Santayos

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Get a life outside of being a pathetic excuse maker for Viacrap
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 1023 Posts
  • 628 Reply Likes
Aw.  Now you hurt my feelings.  I'm going to end up going through an entire box of Puffs wiping away the tears.  :(  
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 856 Posts
  • 442 Reply Likes
Closing this thread.  It's quickly devolving into personal insults.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.