Need help with service

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No need for further response.

Internet down more than on since the 4th of July. Several phone calls, WHEN I could get through, getting no help. Sent email to Exede listens, no reply. My boyfriend is ready to rip the satellite off the roof and stop payment.
Photo of LM

LM

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3153 Posts
  • 2030 Reply Likes
Have you contacted a local dealer to have them check out your system.  You definitely have a problem with either your modem or your dish alignment or the installation.  You will get much better service from a local dealer.
Photo of LM

LM

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Tech support said dish needs realignment. But also there was heavy traffic and she couldnt tell status of modem. She gave me a reference number to call back when I knew a time someone could be there. When I got someone again they didnt even want that ref number just wanted to go through all the troubleshooting again then we got disconnected. Why would it wor perfectly sometimes if dish not aligned? Yesterday it worked perfectly for a few hours. I will look for a local dealer.
Photo of LM

LM

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Are there dealers not listed on exede website? Closest one is not very close.
Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
LM, I am so sorry to hear about all the problems you have had, this is unsatisfactory that you are not getting the proper service.  I am an Elite Dealer and not an employee of the company, however, I CAN get you results because of the awesome team I work with at corporate.  Please send me the phone number and name associated with your account to my private email address:  david@lakecountrysat.com and I will look into getting this resolved for you once and for all.

This is NOT the quality of service and the image that ViaSat wants to project.  The service is really great and has been a game changer for our company here in Southern Virginia.  Unfortunately, you may have a bad piece of equipment that needs replaced.  Once I am able to access your account, I can look at your signal history to see what is going on with your modem.

I look forward to being of service to you and resolving this matter for you.

David R Varner is an Elite Dealer for Exede High Speed Satellite Internet and a member of the Dealer Advisory Council to ViaSat.  www.lakecountrysat.com

Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
LM,

It's possible you may need a service call to resolve your issue.  If you send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information,  I will do some research on your account.  Thanks. 
Photo of Lake Country Satellite

Lake Country Satellite

• 140 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Thanks Karmin, I have already escalated this. 
Photo of LM

LM

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks to David, I finally got a call back and a service call is scheduled.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Did they charge you $95 just to come check it out (not counting any costs you may be responsible for?).  They tried to do that twice to us but NO THANK YOU!  I hope your problem was fixed.  Ours was the first time last year.  Then the beginning of August our service went out again.  Even the serv tech couldn't find a satellite signal and our contract was "supposed to be" canceled with no penalties.  NOT according to the letter from E/WB dated Sept 2nd!  We had NO choice after a whole month of NO internet (due to NO fault of ours since the satellite "suddenly" lost its signal) but the letter says we owe for the month of Aug (when we had NO service that whole month) PLUS we'd have to pay $15 until the end of our "contract".  Be careful LM!!
Photo of LM

LM

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks to David, I finally got a call back and a service call is scheduled.
Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
LM,
It is great news that you are on your way to restored service. (: If you ever need future assistance, please don't hesitate to send an email to myself or a member of our team at exedelistens@viasat.com. Hope everything with your service call goes smoothly! Have a good day. Exede Kimberly

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.