Cannot set up new email account - error code 48401

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I am long time user of Wildblue/Exede. I have been trying to set up an email account for my husband, and keep getting error code 48401. I have tried multiple times with no success. Also, when I search on the help site or the community forum I can find no references to error code 48401. What is the meaning of this error code so that I can get this new email account set up??
Photo of KZatop

KZatop

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2243 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Hi KZatop, I have not seen this error code. Are you sure this is the error message code. What application are you in when you get this message? 
For immediate assistance, please call 855.463.9333 or send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your account and contact information.
Photo of KZatop

KZatop

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am trying to set up a new email account for my husband.. The site I am in is:

https://selfcare.wildblue.net/selfcare/register

I have tried multiple times and continue to get the message below when I hit SUMBIT.

"User registration failed, please try again 48401"            

Hope this will help you determine the problem.

Thank you.
Photo of Gregory Davis

Gregory Davis

• 98 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
For an email alternative - try GOOGLE GMAIl, or Microsoft's HOTMAIL.  These are mostly FREE.  I have been a Wildblue/Exede customer for years and several years ago migrated to GOOGLE's GMAIL.
Photo of Jim

Jim, Champion

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Absolutely do as Gregory suggests. Most people agree that you should never use your ISP for your email account. If you ever change ISP's, you will have to notify all your contacts of your new email address.
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2243 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
HI ZaTopp.  See the link below to add new users; http://help.exede.net/articles/General/Managing-your-email-accounts

Let me know if this works for you.