cannot send email but can receive it.

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
My new Mac will download my WildBlue email, but when I try to send mail, it says it wants the wildblue password, and when I put it in it says it cannot connect to the account, it can't verify the account or password. And yet it downloads emails so it must be connecting.
Photo of Terrie Loughary

Terrie Loughary

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 259 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Take this opportunity to begin migrating your email address away from @wildblue.net - now.

At some point this year you will have no choice - Viasat is shutting down 100% of their email hosting service.
Make the switch on your terms not theirs when they just shut it off.

You don't have a choice, get a new email address from gmail yahoo apple or someone else but start now.

I know this does not answer your question but you will soon need to switch your email address anyway so get on it now instead of trying to fix something that will go away real soon...
Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 117 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Yes you need to be able to access wildblue Email in order to migrate it.   Is it working now?  Did it work with old Mac?   

Tips here:    https://help.viasat.com/articles/General/2288
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2379 Posts
  • 462 Reply Likes
Hello Terrie,  If you are not able to access your email, contact Customer Care at 855.463.9333.  They can reset your password if necessary.
(Edited)