Cannot complete installation of new Exede modem

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • In Progress
I've been trying to get my new modem/router unit to connect to the internet, but when I follow the steps, it seems the last step will not complete....it just keeps scanning....for 24 hours....still not connected. Help!
Photo of Judy Warner

Judy Warner

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Britt McAllister

Britt McAllister

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
You may want to unplug the modem wait about 5 minutes then plug it back in and restart the installation process by opening your browser and restarting everything again go back and start over with step one on the paperwork that came with the new modem the modem should connect in less than a hour should take less than that should be more like 20-30 minutes at most
Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2241 Posts
  • 424 Reply Likes
Hi Judy, Are you referring to the WiFi Modem?  If you are not able to get it to connect please call Exede Customer Care and ask for technical support at 855.463.9333. Our agents will be happy to assist you.
Here are two articles that may help.
http://help.exede.net/articles/General/A-guide-to-your-Exede-WiFi-Modem
http://help.exede.net/articles/General/How-to-self-install-the-Exede-WiFi-Modem
Photo of Steve Berry

Steve Berry

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I can never get past the pulsing orange light. The signal strength indicator bar never moves at all.
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 840 Posts
  • 433 Reply Likes
Steve,

Pulsing orange indicates you're in install mode.  Your browser should be redirecting you to the provisioning page, where it will ask you for your account number.  If you're having trouble here, call Care at 855-463-9333.
Photo of Steve Berry

Steve Berry

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I’m so done with this. I just had a service tech out last Friday because Viasat contacted me and said our signal wasn’t good. He came and got us dialed back in. It was working fine.
Our new wireless modem arrived yesterday and it was suppose to be plug and play. I was out of Data on my plan so I bought another gig to get me through the install until the 1st comes and we get more data. Followed the instructions and it never gets past the signal strength page. It did manage to suck down 70% of the 1 gig I bought. Called tech support again today and they tell me that it won’t work till I get more data AND that I need a service call. So I can pay $5.00 a month for service or pay a $95 service call. This is not right.