Can send but not receive emails

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
I've recently gained access to a student society email account, but for some reason, whilst I can send emails, I can't receive them. As the society email account has been going for some years, it was pretty full so I emptied the inbox to see if that helped and no joy. Any ideas, please?
Photo of Ellie

Ellie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3162 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
Your best solution is to switch to a real email service, Gmail or Yahoo. The email service that Viasat provides is very unreliable.
Photo of Dances with Woofs

Dances with Woofs

• 267 Posts
  • 235 Reply Likes
What is the domain (the part after the @)  of the email account and what email client program are you using?

P.S. If an email account previously managed/run by somebody else and now by you, ensure that it wasn't setup to forward to the prior individual or someone else. If you simply emptied the inbox, ensure that you also empty the trash (if applicable for that account).
(Edited)
Photo of Ellie

Ellie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The domain is @galleonnews.com I have no idea about the client program though! I've emptied the bin too and sent emails from both gmail and Yahoo to test but it makes no difference
Photo of Harvey Mueller

Harvey Mueller

• 148 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
How about others on this Email? Can they receive your test Emails? How do you read these Emails? Via a browser or Outlook or Thunderbird or ??? Is this only while on Viasat?