can multiple cordless phones be used on exede voice

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: older post

I just added exede voice. We have the multiple cordless phones in the house. Does any know if these phones will work like on the landline service?
Photo of Tammy Morgan

Tammy Morgan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Tammy,

If the base is plugged into the Voice Adapter, and the other phones just need to be plugged into the wall outlet, then there should be no problem. If this is not the case, please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and I can get you over to our Voice Department for additional information.  Thanks.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I can't get used to the delay, you're always talking over the other party. and they do charge you extra when you use it alot. Not much but last month my bill was $5 higher.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 542 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
The only things you should be charged extra for are directory assistance and calls outside the 50 states, D.C. and Canada. You should ask for an explanation for what the extra $5 was for. If you find out, please let us know.
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3164 Posts
  • 2038 Reply Likes
There are additional charges each month for federal, state and local taxes, and federal line access charges. For me, that amount to about $8.00 a month,
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
The phone system is not that good. This month was $5 less, I took it off direct deposit, and will pay only what we agreed from the start, each month.
Photo of Bobbie Blackman

Bobbie Blackman

• 392 Posts
  • 304 Reply Likes
I did call and they said taxes, I know what they told me at the start. I didn't realise the phone would be packaged with my internet ( which I Like )  although I ordered it 2  months after my internet. They combined the billing, there is just a 6 month contract on the phone. I will be closing the phone.
Photo of loriknight

loriknight

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am not sure about this but it should work and you can also read more about this online or ask some customer care expert about this issue.
Photo of Nicholas Wilson

Nicholas Wilson

• 16 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I adapted to the slight delay in voice service. Regular landline service is duplex, meaning both sides are transmitted and heard simultaneouly. I think Exede Voice is simplex, meaning only one side at a time is transmitted, usually the one that is loudest.  If you don't try to interrupt the person on the other end, and vice versa, it should work okay.  I've also noticed a slight delay after picking up the phone to answer a call before I can be heard, so the calling party doesn't hear my hello unless I wait a second or two before speaking, or just say hello twice.  My 6-mo promo rate just expired, but Exede Voice is way cheaper than my former AT&T service with a couple of features I had to pay for like call waiting, call forwarding,  3-way calling and voice mail. Not to mention long distance and local toll charges.  I ported my longtime landline number to Exede Voice after a month of trial period. It works for me. Not perfect, but good enough for the money paid.
Photo of Exede Lindsey

Exede Lindsey

• 1827 Posts
  • 163 Reply Likes
Hello
Nicholas, thank you for the commendation (: So nice to hear you're a happy
customer and are enjoying your service. If you ever need anything, just send us
an email to exedelistens@viasat.com and we will be there to help. Have a good
day!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.