Can I get exceed to install another router to reach all over my property?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Have a several acre property with a main house and a guest house(barn). Both have metal roofs and the guest house also has metal sides. The house is around 2900 sq ft and the guest house is around 200 ft from the house.

We have a modem from exceed. We are using a Netgear router and another extender to cover the whole house. We still are spotty on coverage in certain places in the house. We are in the process of trying a top end router to see if it will completely cover the house. I doubt the top end router will make much difference in our guest house coverage.

The guest house has glass doors that face the house. Coverage is limited to right in front of the doors and even then it's not reliable.

Can excede install another modem (or router since they've upgraded) or run a cable into my guest house?
Photo of Stormy Jones

Stormy Jones

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of wm4bama

wm4bama, Champion

• 349 Posts
  • 230 Reply Likes
The simple answer is NO!  Exede does not provide specialized service calls and does not install routers (unless you get their modem with built-in wifi) or extenders, but you can...

You should contact your local computer service company and let them provide the best solution possible, and the least expensive option.
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2626 Posts
  • 1625 Reply Likes
Stormy, another option to help with the coverage of wireless in your home is to purchase a network extender, such as those offered by ASUS. These require no additional wiring, you just place it near a power outlet, go through the setup, and you will have a wireless signal that reaches more of your home.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1990 Posts
  • 1673 Reply Likes
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1990 Posts
  • 1673 Reply Likes
Photo of Deku

Deku, Champion

• 774 Posts
  • 397 Reply Likes
exede doesnt give out special routers like what the first commenter says. also i agree with jim16 on this one also. ^jim is correct on this one along with the other commenters on here also. :3
Photo of Stormy Jones

Stormy Jones

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks everyone for your quick replies! I will digest this information and see what works. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original question, but I'm not looking for a SPECIAL router or other piece of equipment from excede. I just want ANOTHER one or for them to run another line to my guesthouse. Again thanks for all your help. I will look into these suggestions.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1990 Posts
  • 1673 Reply Likes
You could run an Ethernet cable to the other house.  I have a cable run off 150 feet with no problems.   http://certicable.com/275-cat-5e-shielded-burial-waterproof-outdoor-cable-uv.html
(Edited)