Can anyone tell me why my bill jumped from 110.73 tooo 160.000?

• Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
Disgusted
Photo of Nina

Nina

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • upset

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell

• 649 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Maybe this explains it?

Photo of Nina

Nina

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yeah Direct Tv sold me this package without telling me the whole deal. It's a crime that they charge this crazy amount just to have internet. We are looking into a different provider. This is Price gouging at its best!
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
If you had other internet options to begin with, why choose this one? Oh yeah. DirecTV sales people strike again. The lure of bundling and a promotional price.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Does anybody read the fine print and all the disclaimers attached?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
Fine print?  That's just for nerds.  J/K!!!  :)  
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1006 Posts
  • 501 Reply Likes
Nina,

As Michael pointed out, it's probably that the introductory discount has ended.  Take a look at your current and previous bills on account.viasat.com.  You'll see a line item for the discount.  

If you're not a new customer, the change may be due to buying more data.  There's no other way you'd be charged more.

If you'd like us to take a look, we'd be happy to!  Send us an email at viasatlistens@viasat.com with your account number, and your experience so far!
Photo of Nina

Nina

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Going to a lower plan would be like going back to dial up.
The golden plan i'm on isn't that good. It's slow and half the time isn't working. It goes in n out alot.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Not really. Depending on your plan, the speed could be the same. Only difference would be priority data would be less and the video resolution would be downgraded more (but there are ways around that).
Photo of Martin Seebach

Martin Seebach

• 54 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Nina, and get Fed inducements in cash and kind for bringing broad band service to we the barefoot denizens of rural America. Ricochet was ahead of its time offering 150mb mobile in 93. ... Oh my, meanwhile back on meander, Ricochet logo was a dress shoe on right foot and barefoot on left.  Only taxed on one foot.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 5133 Posts
  • 3176 Reply Likes
Is it the weekend already?
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2170 Posts
  • 1331 Reply Likes
Or weekend hangover.  :) 
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
Property taxes??
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3507 Posts
  • 1316 Reply Likes
That usually hits between Feb-April and it's a very small amount $5 or less. This looks very much like the end of a promo (or a credit)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
I've seen a couple very recent posts on my own ISP's boards concerning a property tax on their bill.  Usually something like "Property Tax Surcharge" or similar.  I don't think my state does this, as I've never seen it.  A very small amount, but any difference in what's normally the same price every month can stick out like a sort thumb.  

But, with this, it definitely looks like the end of a promotion.  The largest plan I show available to me is $100, then goes to $150 after three months.  With the lease fee and taxes and all that, it would be similar.  
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3507 Posts
  • 1316 Reply Likes
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3163 Posts
  • 2034 Reply Likes
GabeU, I am sure that NY does not have this tax. I have never seen it in all the years I have had satellite internet. Not to worry, NY recovers its money from its many other taxes, as you are most certainly aware of.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
I just checked the list Brad gave, and NY is definitely not one of them.  And oh yes, NY and its taxes.  Gotta love it.  Especially the property and school taxes.  You'd think that everyone lived on million dollar estates.  LOL.