Blocked from a particular website, but...

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
I am blocked from www.spooky2-mall.com.  I can hit the site while using remote desktop from a server located elsewhere, so I know the site is running properly.

Is there any explanation for this?
Photo of Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

• 34 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of david

david, Champion

• 545 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
I just tried it here and it eventually loaded, ssslllloooowwwllllyy. . It's about dialup speed on their end. I just checked my Exede speed at testmy.net and got 20.2 Mbps. Everything else on the net is running fine.

It probably just timed out when you tried it. I'm surprised that it didn't on me as it took so long to load.
(Edited)
Photo of Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

• 34 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
David,

We are still being blocked by this site.  Is there any way someone at Excede can investigate this?

Cheers,

K
Photo of david

david, Champion

• 545 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
It doesn't work at all for me now. I just tried it.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3077 Posts
  • 1292 Reply Likes
Try a different browser. that site does not load for me using Firefox but does using Edge. If you are also having problems with the site in Fire fox, tell Mozilla as I did since the site is fine on Exede using the Edge browser.
Photo of Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

• 34 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Thanks, Bev, however, it is not a browser issue.  I am pretty certain of that since I am a software consultant who uses every browser on the planet. I have also tried this on every machine in my office.  It fails on every browser from every machine at my location.

If I log onto a machine via remote desktop (in AZ) and use IE from that machine, I get in OK.  It seems like I am being blocked between my office location and that site.

Is there anyone at Excede who can follow up?

Cheers.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3077 Posts
  • 1292 Reply Likes
Check the firewall and port settings, something at that location has to be blocking the site if it works from other locations. Might be something simple and silly that you wouldn't think would be an issue but, is for that site.
Photo of Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

• 34 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Yeah, it's weird.  I have tried everything.  I have looked at my router and the Exceed modem.  I am noticing that the modem is reporting some strange readings.

Clicking on the red exclamation point give me this

Not sure what all that means.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3143 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
Investigating. Appears to load fine on a DSL connection. I'll follow up after getting some feedback on our end
Photo of Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

• 34 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Brad,

Thanks.  Can you also explain the red exclamation point in the above photo?  Sometimes I see this and sometimes I don't.

We have been trying to find our original paperwork from the guy that installed our system and can't.  is there anyway you could get back to us with that information?  I wanted to contact tech support about the model warning (see photo) and cannot locate the original papwrwork we got that had that information on it.

Thanks.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3077 Posts
  • 1292 Reply Likes
Too many zeros for being online. Either somthing in the local server is not allowing the modem to send the correct information to it or, the modem is not able to send the information and has either a software, firmware and/or hardware problem by the looks of that screen shot.

I'm sure one of the Excede techs can give you possible exact reasons but, that would be my guess as to the possible sources of the problem.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3143 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
This may take a bit. I couldn't get it to load on our test terminals but again DSL loaded fine. Do you know when and if the last time the site loaded for you?
Photo of Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

• 34 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
It was a while ago - perhaps months.  We got on fine the first time but never again.  You are experiencing the same issue, it seems.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3143 Posts
  • 1116 Reply Likes
This may take a bit. I couldn't get it to load on our test terminals but again DSL loaded fine. Do you know when and if the last time the site loaded for you?
Photo of Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

• 34 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Any news about this?