blazing Hog

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Solicitation post

Has anyone tried this Nationwide Fixed Wireless https://blazinghog.com/online/blazing-hog-beats-satellite-internet/ rep. told me that the modem gets 4 times better signal than a phone! this service works off at&t & Tmobile towers it cost $300 to start up with a money back guarantee if not up to performance and its 99.99 per month for the service! Im seriously looking into giving it a try they say the average speeds are 27mbps down and 10 Up with a top speed of 75 mbps on the 4G network depending how close you are to the tower! Im 10 miles away from my tower and I know on my phone using speed test outside download is 8 mbps so if its 4 times as fast than my phone than speed should be around 30 mbps!
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 317 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
With any service that isn't hardwired it is best to see what your neighbors are using and what their experiences are. Sometimes just 1/4 mile away can make a difference. Your download speed on your phone is in the range of my Verizon Jetpack that is supposed to have an antenna a lot stronger than a phone. I am only 2.54 miles from my tower, the distance is flat but there are quite a few trees. 
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1581 Posts
  • 929 Reply Likes
It offers a money back guarantee. What are the risks?

I do like their advertising though. Pokes fun if the "unlimited" data claim by satellite internet companies.

I would like to say I have been using wireless internet for about 4 months now. It does okay for me. Not getting super fast speeds, but overall it performs better than satellite internet ever did for me in 20+ years.
(Edited)
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2232 Posts
  • 1364 Reply Likes
Ten miles is quite a bit for cell tower distance, but with a money back guarantee, it might very well be worth the try.  Who knows?  It could be the greatest things since sliced bread, or at least Doritos.  
Photo of Will Seemore

Will Seemore

• 386 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Exsat, I hope your wireless honeymoon keeps going, mine went downhill at about the 4 month mark. It is still better than Viasat. I am wondering if it is because kids are out of school and the I-95 summer traffic or is it congestion from neighbors who fled satellite in droves?
Photo of mferner

mferner

• 317 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Will my neighbors are using viasat like me, Exsat Glad ur wireless is working well for you! and Yes Gabe what do I have to lose and I would think if I can get 8 mbps on my phone outside with one bar I should get faster speeds with the modem it should be stronger than my phone! I will either give blazing hog a shot or this site https://gotw3.com/ a shot they have a money back offer too and its 99.99 a month too! so Hopefully one of these works good enough so I can get rid of dish network and viasat! I will lower my plan to $70 a month on viasat until I see how this performs!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.