beam 8364 congestion pre-check

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
anyone on this beam give me any insight into congestion?
Just looking for insight on how your speeds up/down are on this beam

thanks for all input 
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3072 Posts
  • 1290 Reply Likes
I assume beam 364, California since beam 83 would be an Augmented beam and, those don't have the best packages. I don't know anyone on that beam for sure but I do believe Xode000 is in that general area. He may be able to give you more insight into that beam - when he gets here. :)
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Bev,
Yes California....I'm actually in the Santa Barbara County are (if that makes a difference)
I have asked around my neighborhood but nobody has satellite internet...just satellite tv

In my area you can get dal and cable internet...and again I know I'm wacko but I already have dal and it #$%! and I will not deal with local cable (com###)

Cool I hope Xcode000 replies to this post :)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3072 Posts
  • 1290 Reply Likes
With Cable available, most will have that, and with Freedom being offered, congestion is highly unlikely right now. That could change in a few months, but then, Viasat 2 will be online in a few months as well so, that pretty much negates congestion for a good long time to come - like maybe even until Viasat 3 gets online.

I'd go for it, being you refuse to deal with your local cable company and, dial up is the only viable alternative - ever at 1 Mbps, Exede/Viasat beats 24Kbps dial up. :)
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Anything beats dial-up :) 
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3460 Posts
  • 2006 Reply Likes
Yes it is 2017. Anybody saying they still are using dial up really isn't "using" the internet .
Photo of briman

briman

• 96 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Or they went "Back to the Future" :D