Beam 320 Congestion

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I am on beam 320.. spent 3 hours on Customer service to find out why my download dropped to under 1Meg.. This is due to congestion.. Anyone else experience this problem.
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3532 Posts
  • 1326 Reply Likes
Unfortunately beam 320 is one of our most used beams. We are working on handling the congestion now on the backend, but summer is sort of a mess with kids being out of school, college students coming home, vacation homes being activated, ect. We do expect a major relief with the launch of ViaSat 2 as that'll free up some much needed bandwidth.
Photo of Terry Creegan

Terry Creegan

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like

Really!!!!  So you blame poor service, slow speeds and customer service so unwilling to solve the problem with school holidays....Maybe if they hired enough people to solve problems we would not have to wait 20 minutes or more to get assistance.  It would be better if we actually got the speeds they say we should and pay for.  IF the speed is not ALWAYS what it is advertised for and what your pkg pays for.....They should give us lower costs or actually give us what we pay for!!!!!!

Photo of Josh

Josh

• 171 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
obvesly 340 is also  congestion light is now on 24/7 no matter time of day or nite. yall control speeds so its not like yall can not adjust for it the same way as yall throttle.
Photo of Josh

Josh

• 171 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
and to be fair it does specify  "up to 12mbps" but it also should not drop below 6mbps either.
Photo of James E Besser

James E Besser

• 77 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I am on the cheap plan, beam 320 speed is good like my apple iMac  9 years old works fine live in western wisconsin think beam 320
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3202 Posts
  • 2062 Reply Likes
Beam 320 is western PA, northen WVA and eastern OH. Western WI is beam 303, sw WI is 310. You can view the beam map at http://www.northlc.com/_images/beam_priority_map.png
Photo of James E Besser

James E Besser

• 77 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
thank you for the reply 303 now I see that
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The fact is you oversold the available bandwidth --
your comment about being kids home etc.. just means they would run out of data faster..  I still have this issue -- every night my internet is worthless
Photo of keeslar

keeslar

• 20 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I don't know what beam we are under we live SE from Kalamazoo Michigan and our service has been absolutely horrible all month! I don't intend to pay for time with out service and I have a supervisor on recording saying such time will be credited.(all our calls are recorded ) It's been such a hassle having unplug their equipment 8+ times a day! Not to mention my Cell data has skyrocketed this month...and I can't afford both so if exede doesn't start providing consistent service we will be canceling. I even am replying to this blog via my cell data because my Internet service isn't working AGAIN!

SINCERELY
DYLAN
Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3202 Posts
  • 2062 Reply Likes
You can find your beam on this  map http://www.northlc.com/_images/beam_priority_map.png or by looking at My eSVT.

If you are having trouble with a reliable connection, send an email to the moderators att exedelistens@viasat.com. Include your account number and a phone number. Do  not post any personal information in this forum as it is very public.

It would seem to me that you need a tech to come out and look at your equipment, but the most likely cause would be the dish alignment is messed up.
Photo of Josh

Josh

• 171 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
type this in your address bar and see what the signal looks like  http://192.168.100.1/?page=modemStatus     Rx SNR    that and check the esvt page and that will let ya know if it is an alignment issue or something else that requires a service call.
Photo of brian carter

brian carter

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am on Beam 328 or 329 & it has been awful.
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I have contacted exedelistens.. they might not - as I have not received a reply..

Also I get full download speeds 12meg+  at 5:00am but at 5:00pm I am under 1 meg.

pretty sure it is congestion on the beam during normal hours..