Beam 320 Congestion

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I am on beam 320.. spent 3 hours on Customer service to find out why my download dropped to under 1Meg.. This is due to congestion.. Anyone else experience this problem.
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2884 Posts
  • 962 Reply Likes
Unfortunately beam 320 is one of our most used beams. We are working on handling the congestion now on the backend, but summer is sort of a mess with kids being out of school, college students coming home, vacation homes being activated, ect. We do expect a major relief with the launch of ViaSat 2 as that'll free up some much needed bandwidth.
Photo of Josh

Josh

• 171 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
and to be fair it does specify  "up to 12mbps" but it also should not drop below 6mbps either.
Photo of James E Besser

James E Besser

• 77 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I am on the cheap plan, beam 320 speed is good like my apple iMac  9 years old works fine live in western wisconsin think beam 320
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2573 Posts
  • 1583 Reply Likes
Beam 320 is western PA, northen WVA and eastern OH. Western WI is beam 303, sw WI is 310. You can view the beam map at http://www.northlc.com/_images/beam_priority_map.png
Photo of James E Besser

James E Besser

• 77 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
thank you for the reply 303 now I see that
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The fact is you oversold the available bandwidth --
your comment about being kids home etc.. just means they would run out of data faster..  I still have this issue -- every night my internet is worthless
Photo of keeslar

keeslar

• 20 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I don't know what beam we are under we live SE from Kalamazoo Michigan and our service has been absolutely horrible all month! I don't intend to pay for time with out service and I have a supervisor on recording saying such time will be credited.(all our calls are recorded ) It's been such a hassle having unplug their equipment 8+ times a day! Not to mention my Cell data has skyrocketed this month...and I can't afford both so if exede doesn't start providing consistent service we will be canceling. I even am replying to this blog via my cell data because my Internet service isn't working AGAIN!

SINCERELY
DYLAN
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2568 Posts
  • 1581 Reply Likes
You can find your beam on this  map http://www.northlc.com/_images/beam_priority_map.png or by looking at My eSVT.

If you are having trouble with a reliable connection, send an email to the moderators att exedelistens@viasat.com. Include your account number and a phone number. Do  not post any personal information in this forum as it is very public.

It would seem to me that you need a tech to come out and look at your equipment, but the most likely cause would be the dish alignment is messed up.
Photo of Josh

Josh

• 171 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
type this in your address bar and see what the signal looks like  http://192.168.100.1/?page=modemStatus     Rx SNR    that and check the esvt page and that will let ya know if it is an alignment issue or something else that requires a service call.
Photo of brian carter

brian carter

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am on Beam 328 or 329 & it has been awful.
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I have contacted exedelistens.. they might not - as I have not received a reply..

Also I get full download speeds 12meg+  at 5:00am but at 5:00pm I am under 1 meg.

pretty sure it is congestion on the beam during normal hours..