BEAM 305

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress
Today beautiful sunny day. No wind. Time 2:19pm. My download speed is 1.5Mbps and upload 44Kbps.  I don't know what is going on but last month or so internet has been getting slower and slower. I'm very disappointment.  Can't hardly load anything. On my Evst page keeps saying congestion. Did you oversell. When I signed up for this was told it would NOT over sell. My plan is Liberty 12. 
i don't stream anything. Don't watch video unless 2 0r 3 min one on You Tube using the lowest setting.
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Diana

Diana, Viasat Employee

• 2117 Posts
  • 366 Reply Likes
Hi HMC1940,  I'm sorry you are have issues with congestion.  
As you know - Dueto the nature of satellite-based internet service, there are many variablesthat can affect speeds, including, weather at ViaSat’s facilities or at thecustomer’s home, network congestion, a misconfigured home network or outdatedcomputer equipment and software.  Because of these many variables, ViaSat cannot guarantee any particularspeed to you. ViaSat discloses at the point of sale and in its CustomerAgreement that speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. 
Send you account information to exedelistnes@ viasat.com or call Customer Care when it occurring for immediate support.
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 475 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
Exede Diana: you might want to incorporate into the Exede data usage tips the answers that Gwalk900 has given regarding this problem, and also make links to those Exede data usage tips readily accessible to those users asking these kinds of questions.
Photo of xode0000

xode0000, Champion

• 475 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
What does your internal network look like?  The following might help in tracking down problems in your internal network: https://community.exede.com/exede/topics/excessive-data
Photo of Dan White

Dan White

• 78 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Yep - same beam and same speeds, congestion icon been lit up since day one.
Photo of Philip Jordan

Philip Jordan

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same here.  Since about March 10, my average download during prime time is 0.25 Mbs, by 1:00 am its back up to what used to be normal  approximately 10/12 Mbs.,   Excede responses are insulting, lame, time-worn and evasive and clearly indicate to me they oversold and we are now paying the price for their corporate greed.  Feel lucky, I have the Freedom Plan for 150 GB per month which will never be reached due to Excede metering the signal to higher preference customers.  I hope Excede knows that they are creating thousands of bad-advertising reps in their abused customer base.