• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • very angry

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 939 Posts
  • 292 Reply Likes
Somewhat depends on beam, but pretty much widely known at this point. In other news did you hear a new satellite is coming online?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 2147 Posts
  • 1135 Reply Likes
Did you know water is wet?
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1759 Posts
  • 1410 Reply Likes
Here we go.  He probably had 12gigs of data on his old plan and upgraded to 150gigs.  And they are still going to complain. 
Photo of Louis Jr Kornegay

Louis Jr Kornegay

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I want what I paid for not have of it

Louis Jr Kornegay

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Don't tell me unlimited and then control my data speed I paid for unlimited I want Unlimited
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice

• 1775 Posts
  • 781 Reply Likes
You should try one of those unlimited hotspots from Verizon.
Photo of Jim16

Jim16, Champion

• 1759 Posts
  • 1410 Reply Likes
Now THOSE are limited "unlimited".
Photo of Judy

Judy

• 38 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Did you know that we should get what we pay for. LOL.

Louis Jr Kornegay

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am getting half of what I pay for
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 939 Posts
  • 292 Reply Likes
What are you paying for?
Photo of Steve Frederick

Steve Frederick, Champion

• 2540 Posts
  • 1563 Reply Likes
I guess I could make the claim that I am getting less than a third of what I am paying for, I have been getting less than 50 GB a month on my Freedom 150 GB plan.

Or I could just have Netflix or hulu stream stuff even when I am not in the room for hours and hours.

Just kidding, I am very satisfied with my Viasat internet.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice

• 1775 Posts
  • 781 Reply Likes
I just recently found out the earth is flat.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3134 Posts
  • 3085 Reply Likes
After failing once again over the weekend in an effort to finally prove that, Mad Mike Hughes has volunteered to drive the Tesla Roadster being launched aboard the Falcon Heavy this week  - we should have a definitive answer soon - February remains an exciting month. 
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice

• 1775 Posts
  • 781 Reply Likes
That guy boggles my mind.  His rocket wasn't even going to put him 2,000 feet in the air.  If he really wanted to prove the earth is flat, all he has to do is hop in a small airplane.

Here is an interesting tidbit.  From 30,000 feet, looking out a small window in a commercial aircraft, the earth indeed does look flat.

Sitting in a small four seater Cesna seater, with huge windows all around you, you can see the curvature of the earth at only a few thousand feet. 

I've seen the curvature of the earth or did I?  For all I know, that Cesna could have been a flight simulator, part of an elaborate hoax to trick me into thinking the world is round. 
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 145 Posts
  • 71 Reply Likes
Is that speed for the Autobahn?  You won't speeds like that on Satellite Internet for awhile.

Louis Jr Kornegay

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No but 0.2 processing speed is ridiculous when you are supposed to be getting 30 processing speed
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2814 Posts
  • 918 Reply Likes
I think they mean data limit rather than speed because that's a speed we're not offering. We do state on the unlimited plan that you could slow speeds after you reach 150GB of data as needed for network/traffic management. If the beam is busy you are put on a lower priority on the network. 

exede.com/unlimited has it all disclosed
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 8 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
You shouldn't have to manage your data. When you pay over $100 a month for internet, you should be able to use as many gigs as you want.
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 2814 Posts
  • 918 Reply Likes
Keep in mind at the end of the day it's still satellite internet which means there's a limit on the available bandwidth. Unlike DSL or Cable we can't just pump as much bandwidth as we want, we're restricted to what the satellite holds which means a few measures like putting users that have gone over 150GB on a lower priority on the network if needed to keep users that are still within their limits at a level that they can use the service during peak hours. As stated above we'll probably see less of that once ViaSat 2 goes online as the pressure is less for congestion during those times. You should be able to use the service just fine during non-peak hours (mornings, early afternoons) at better speeds. 

We are very clear about this on our overview of our page: exede.com/unlimited 
Photo of David Montgomery

David Montgomery

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
that is true..in an ideal world...I will be paying 160 a month for the 150 plan after the first three months end...which is a lot....but i have no choice..having no other internet options.

Louis Jr Kornegay

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You should lower my bill during that. Time
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice

• 1775 Posts
  • 781 Reply Likes
Verizon wireless has an unlimited hotspot plan.