Bad timing

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
A note to ViaSat... when you have a customer who is moving and cancels their service ... make it possible to send the return box for the modem and receiver before the customer needs to cancel service so they can box the hardware before they leave the service address. Maybe that is possible and my technician didn't know but now after 2 attempts to get them to send the return box to the alternate address I provided them, they keep sending the box to the old service address and I'm hassling with that. 
Photo of Kurt Badertscher

Kurt Badertscher

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of johnny c

johnny c

• 371 Posts
  • 157 Reply Likes
I called and cnx my service around the middle of June, she said you might as well keep the service until the end of the month.  I told her i wanted to get the box to return the equipment, she said you'll get it the week following your disconnect.  I got it 7 days after disconnecting, that is pretty reasonable.  I don't know the distances involved but i think a 7 day wait for the box is reasonable.  Probably should have disconnected sooner, better than the hassle your having now.

I wasn't moving so i didn't face your problem, other than a neighbor, friend or a tech to get the box and remove it you may have to make a trip back or pay the fee.

A little flexibility would be nice but they are zeroed in on the service address.  That is why i stopped shopping with Musician's Friend, they won't let my package of any value go to my UPS store, which is my UPS my choice delivery location.
(Edited)