bad service man and service

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
my account is ------- at ------ ------- rd. i had a service call on 1-12-18 and am not satisfied with the service i received. when it was first installed the line was secured and buried to reduce the risk of being pulled loose. this time the wire was run from the dish to the house and left unsecured and exposed. he told me i had to bury my own line.plus the service is spotty and very slow. not happy
Photo of Christine Jackson

Christine Jackson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Anthony

Anthony

• 27 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Well we have your name, address and account number. Just provide your Social Security number and I'm sure someone will gladly help you. Check your bank statement for further updates.
(Edited)
Photo of Christine Jackson

Christine Jackson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
why my social security number?  ends in ----. check bank statement for what??  i dont understand hgow this has anything to do with the bad service i received.  line is still not buried, i dont even own a shovel
(Edited)
Photo of Ronald Stricklin

Ronald Stricklin

• 325 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
Christine, Anthony doesn't work for exede. He doesn't need your security number. He's meaning you shouldn't have shared all that info and he's overly paranoid that someone will misuse it.

Call 855-463-9333 and tell them everything you said here or wait a minute and someone from customer service will give you an email address. On deciding which one to use well at the email address they will kiss your ass hard in a day or two when they respond. Either one will take down the info and have someone come out and do the job right. You will also be happy to know that its very likely the independent contractor who did this will either lose his business or the employee responsible will be fired.
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2733 Posts
  • 1426 Reply Likes
Thats scarey how freely people give our personal information.  
Photo of Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice, Champion

• 2733 Posts
  • 1426 Reply Likes
Can't say I blame the installer.  They are all contractors are don't get paid much.  They should all offer to install the dish on your roof with no extra fees.  

When you start getting into territory where they have to cement a pole in the ground and bury wire, that is extra work and it makes sense for them wanting to be compensated.

Did the installer offer to put the dish on your roof?
(Edited)
Photo of Ronald Stricklin

Ronald Stricklin

• 325 Posts
  • 125 Reply Likes
I actually can blame the installer. If they feel they aren't getting paid enough then they shouldn't take up the contract. Burying the wire is not a hard task nor is cementing in a hole. Digging the hole is the hardest part. Filling it back in with dirt is harder than filling it in with cement. It would be unfortunate if he receives any compensation at all.
Photo of John

John

• 105 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
HI Christine - Please delete your post (or at least edit it to remove your account number and address), and call Viasat Customer Care or send your account number with your complaint to viasatlistens@viasat.com. Be sure to send it from the email address you have registered with them.  Thanks.
(Edited)
Photo of Lizzie

Lizzie, Viasat Official Rep

• 46 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Christine, 

I've removed all your personally identifiable information, as this is a public forum. John is correct -- please email the team at viasatlistens@viasat.com, and they'll help you out!