Autumn sun interference may briefly affect service through Oct. 14

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
The satellites that deliver your Exede or WildBlue service are in geostationary orbit about 22,300 miles above the Earth. We are entering a time when the sun's radiation may interfere with the signal from our satellites to the dish on your home — but it will be pretty minimal.

This happens in the spring and the fall and is known as a sun or transit outage. The expected duration of each instance will be less than three minutes. The outage will occur over the course of multiple days, with the time being the same each day for the satellite beam you're in.

These outages will occur from now through Oct. 14 daily between 5:45 and 6:45 p.m. Eastern time. They farther south you are, the sooner the interruption will start.

You can learn a little more about sun outages on this Wikipedia page.

Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 671 Posts
  • 297 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Joshua

Joshua

• 213 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
Thanks for the heads up!
Photo of John

John

• 36 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Could this also cause service to go out completely? I only ask because my service has been unable to get a signal since Monday 10-5-15
Photo of Joshua

Joshua

• 213 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
Hi John,

No this would only be a temporary interruption. It sounds like you'll need to have someone come out and look at your installation. I would give Exede customer support a call, you can find their support number at https://www.exede.com/contact-us-exede/

Joshua
Photo of John

John

• 36 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the reply Joshua. I've contacted exede even had the same local installer work on it but can't seem to fix the issue yet, I've posted on the forums here https://community.exede.com/exede/top...
Photo of olysounder89

olysounder89

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you for the heads up!
Photo of Julie Hasund-Jones

Julie Hasund-Jones

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Emails should come out on these outages