Asus RT-AC3200 Traffic Analyzer Stopped Working

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
All of a sudden today, July 4, the Traffic Analyzer is no longer accumulating traffic data. Weekly data is still available up until today.
The Traffic Analyzer page states " Turn on traffic analyzer to record traffic information" but I cannot find a place to do this. I googled this phrase and still found no answer.

Did anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks.
Photo of M.E.M.

M.E.M.

• 114 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3702 Posts
  • 3721 Reply Likes
Try toggling the Traffic Analyzer On/Off using the toggle button on/off switch next to the Introduction Demo link. If showing as below it's off - the toggle button switch applies to the Traffic Analyzer not the demo. 

(Edited)
Photo of M.E.M.

M.E.M.

• 114 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
The solution was hiding in plain sight. I thought that on/off switch pertained to the Introduction Demo because it is located right next to the words "Introduction Demo".
I'll bet many people have thought the same thing.
Thank you OL for pointing this out to me.
Photo of Old Labs

Old Labs

• 3700 Posts
  • 3719 Reply Likes
Some quirky behaviors in the UI, sometimes real world metaphors break down in user interfaces - dependent on how some people are wired, they might ask why would I click on Off to turn something on?

If it were me programming it, I probably would have simply made the "Turn on traffic analyzer to record traffic information" into a link to do just that and changed the wording when on/off as needed ;)   
(Edited)