Are they still throttling the “old” Silver plan?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
I’m still on the Silver 25/150GB plan from a while back. For a while, on my plan description, I would see during hours of congestion, I would be de-prioritized behind others. Today I checked and noticed they have a Silver 25/100GB plan for $50 more than what I’m paying. I also noticed on my plan that it no longer says that. It only says “After 150GB of data usage, we may prioritize your data behind other customers during network congestion. My question is...did they stop throttling us until we have used our data or does it just not say it anymore?
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 51 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 324 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
Nope freedom and silver 150Mb users still getting the shaft. Don't fall for what Viasat has done and give them more money just keep holding out till oneweb and spacex blow them out of the water...
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 51 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Any idea when these options will be available?
Photo of Oliver

Oliver

• 324 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
MAYBE 3rd quarter 2020. It's a race and I think we will see both release before it can provide 24/7 service. Internet nerd calculations say we don't need all sats in place to start service depending on location. Ground station build out might slow things for oneweb, spacex just builds it's ground stations on flat beds and parks them next to large fiber access points. A damn cool race to watch that's for sure.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1582 Posts
  • 929 Reply Likes
Dont change plans and give them more money. That is what they want.

Either drop them and move to another ISP, or keep what you got.