Any way to track data usage?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Question answered. No need of further response at current time.

Is there any way to check daily and hourly data usage with Exede?  I know how to check the overall usage against our monthly limit, but it would be extremely helpful to see the daily and hourly usage statistics, so that we can then understand what is using up our allocated bandwidth.

We have had to purchase additional data for this month's billing cycle (twice), and not sure if we are doing anything different or if there is something else going on with our modem/data usage.  Even with the internet being down for a week (we lost our dish alignment somehow), we still have hit the limit, which is a bit odd for us.

Thank you,
Chris
Photo of Chris Steves

Chris Steves

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of ExedeSherry

ExedeSherry

• 85 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Chris,
Yes, you can track your usage with our data usage meters. You can check out this link for step-by-step assisstance http://help.exede.net/articles/Genera.... It does not have a breakdown of daily or hourly usage, but it does refresh every 15 minutes. If you have questions, you can call our customer service line at 855-463-9333 or send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com. We do have some additional data tools available to us.
Photo of Chris Steves

Chris Steves

• 26 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
As I said, I know how to check my monthly usage, but wanted to check daily/hourly - I guess you are saying that cannot be done.  I will send an email so that you can check it for me.....it would be helpful though if you provided customers with this tool so they could check themselves.....
Photo of ExedeJack

ExedeJack

• 53 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
It was nice talking to you on the phone. If you need anything else please give us a call at 1866-945-3258 or you can send an e-mail to us at exedelistens@viasat.com. ExedeJack

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.