any new plans for current customers outside of the zones that the freedom plan is offered?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old thread

Will there be any new plans or changes to current plans for current customers outside of the zones that the freedom plan is offered?(such as the double the gigs offer that new customers are getting except permanently or any other new plans)
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Exede Kimberly

Exede Kimberly

• 879 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
We don't have any specific details to provide at this time but please stayed updated with us on our website for any new improvements and promotions that will be happening soon. Thanks!
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
So there will be new promotions etc. for current customers coming soon?
Photo of SonyaA

SonyaA

• 317 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
this area when I put in our zip new customers are getting double usage for first 6 months and triple (15GB) on the Evolution plan so yes they are getting something more then old customers in other areas. All we are offered is an extra 5gb each month for 6 months even on the upper tier packages
Photo of Matthew

Matthew

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
@SonyaA the question wasn't whether new customers were getting things curent customers aren't offered but whether if current customers would be offered new plans soon(ones with increased gigs etc.)
Photo of Stephanie Hudson

Stephanie Hudson

• 24 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Any update on this? I need more data.
Photo of Jacqueline Tierney

Jacqueline Tierney

• 269 Posts
  • 156 Reply Likes
They did increase the data for the Evolution plan outside the Freedom zones so I would hope they might be making some sort of increase plan for the classic plans as well.
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
It would be nice even if was only a few gb but not holding my breathe.
Photo of Jerry Browne

Jerry Browne

• 6 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
The answer to the question ... So there will be new promotions etc. for current customers coming soon? ... is of course NO!  They already have us on their service and most of us have no other choice to speak of.  They'll continue to trick new customers into coming aboard with special offers and NEVER give their current customer base anything back.  Why give us twice as much for the same money?  They don't have to ... we are a captive audience.  It's just like the $10 beer at the ball park.  And lets face it, if they changed their 25GB plan to 50GB or 75GB and kept the cost the same, it still wouldn't be a GREAT deal.  It would however be at least CLOSER to fair!
Photo of stella

stella

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'm with you.. but, it's more like imprisoned and abused. I can drive 5 miles from my home and those areas can get unlimited cable internet, tv and VoIP for under 100$ a month. And, it''s a better, more stable internet. This allows purchasers of cable to pay less for entertainment (movies, streaming services) and telephone (voip). I wish a legistrator would get a hold of this but I'm probably dreaming. I called today to see when I would get freedom and, of course, no answer. I did get offered and extra 30 gb to use when i want.. I said, "Great.. if you look at how much I use, I need that much extra every month." I also asked, "Why do new customers get 50gb for 6 months?" No answer, of course.

The woman on the phone..who, by the way, was very nice.... said.. "You pay for internet as much as I get paid every two wks." What the heck!... we are overcharged and their employees are underpaid! Another corporate team making very big bucks at the expense of the middle class. I'll stop now...
Photo of HMC1940

HMC1940

• 605 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
I got to thinking--I got Exede a little over 2 years ago. When I first signed up for Exede 12 Classic it was 7.5 GB plan. Then shortly after I was on plan they did go up to 10GB which I'm sure everyone who was on 7.5 got. I got the cheapest plan because that's all I can afford but can't complain. After dial-up this is the greatest.
HOPE EVERYONE HAD AND IS HAVING A NICE THANKSGIVING  :-)
Photo of Nicholas Wilson

Nicholas Wilson

• 81 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
The way Exede runs it is essentially bait and switch to suck in new customers and hold them hostage for two years.  The FTC needs to look into it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.