Any feedback using YouTube tv

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
Any feedback using YouTube tv I am trying it with a Roku at the moment and all channels are blurry. Will this improve with a good smart tv or will I have same issue
Photo of Kimberly Cribley-Merkins

Kimberly Cribley-Merkins

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314

Steve Frederick-VS1/Beam314, Champion

• 3247 Posts
  • 2093 Reply Likes
The quality will be dictated by what plan you have. Some of the Viasat plans have very low resolution when streaming. If your plan does have a higher resolution, like 720P, then it may be that the problem is with YouTube TV. I use my Roku a lot, but do not subscribe to YouTube TV. Hopefully others on here can provide some comments.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 2194 Posts
  • 1288 Reply Likes
I need a definition on what is meant by blurry? Low resolution?
Photo of Admiral Korbohuta

Admiral Korbohuta

• 346 Posts
  • 144 Reply Likes
I tried YTTV with a free 2 week trial and it worked fine on my Liberty Plan. I set the video resolution to 480p and didn't have any problems with buffering. If I can ever get real unlimited internet, I'll probably cancel Dish Network and go with YTTV instead.
Photo of HiddenOkie

HiddenOkie

• 22 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hand of Experience:  Set it on the lowest resolution or SD to preserve your bandwidth.  You'll still get periodic buffering, but shouldn't see too much.  Where it'll get you is you'll burn through more data than you think, especially if you watch tv three or four hours a day.  I found that we burned through 15 gigs in about 2 days at four hours per day using automatic resolution, but turning down the resolution bought us a little more time.  If you manage it correctly, you'll get at least some use, but nothing like standard cable tv or if you had an unlimited option.  Now that we're on fiber, I find that we use between 800 and 1000 gigs a month on entertainment alone, which is about right for the amount of television and movies we watch.
(Edited)