Am I the only one who misses Alex and Lindsey when it was called exede back then?

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • In Progress
As the topic of this post says. Also this is a topic I've been wanting to ask. But didn't know when the right timing was. It is now a good time I think. (I hope so.) Am I the only one who misses Alex and Lindsey alotta? I mean... Come on guys... I am happy Alex got a higher position and stuff... So therefore he's busy and doing his work. But yet.. I really wish Alex can come by once in a blue moon and see what is happening and stuff. Ya know. Kinda peak in once in a while? Make a post whenever he has time? Cause... I kinda don't want Alex to go away. (Not go away completely. But might find another job.)

Also as for Lindsey. I really do miss Lindsey alot. Has any of you guys ever wonder how Lindsey is doing? How her new job she has? Is it going good? Is she having any troubles? Did she overcome those troubles? Is she working with good or bad people's? Does she ever miss working for viasat? Ya know. Those types of questions. These questions also apply for Alex. For when he does find another job. (Or retires and stuff)
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)

Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver), Champion

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
  • I miss Alex and Lindsey alot. But yet, we all have to move on with our lives and stuff. But I will never forget anyone who has done good to me.

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
I miss them both too. I chatted more with Alex when he was here but, Lindsey was very cool too. I've been tempted to call and ask about them and, a few others I don't see here any more but, they are busy so, I let them be.
(Edited)
Photo of Alex

Alex, Viasat Corporate Communications

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Hi Bev, hope all's well!
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
Hi Alex,

Yeah all good here, mostly. I recently acquired a fourth wolfdog so, I have three males and one nine month old female now. Getting ready to get a starter flock of Barbado sheep in March - going to raise those for meat.

family and work driving me nuts, as usual - acquired a new daughter in law a couple of months ago. Hard headed as the drops trees on Viasat dishes boy she's with LOL (yes the one that's a customer up the road from me, if you look for accounts with the same last name on this beam - same mailing address for that matter - he gets mail here since there isn't a mailbox for his rental house out here.) Hey at least I convinced the goof ball to get internet instead of always coming up here to leech mine. XD.
Photo of Alex

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Keep those wolfdogs away from the Barbado sheep! :)
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
Of course, as in solid walls and hot wire between them. Work to build for them but, the sheep are free, I have enough grass to feed four of them for a year and, I won't be mowing the lawn anymore. I'll need winter hay after the first year but, one roll for the winter. At about 50.00/ year to maintain, sheep is cheap eats. :)

If I manage to make another conference, I'll bring the curried lamb or kebabs or something. xD
Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1004 Posts
  • 500 Reply Likes
Lindsey's moved to another department. (I was his replacement!)  Brad and Diana still talk to him regularly, me less so, mostly for job-related stuff.  He's doing great in his new position!

Alex has moved onto other responsibilities, and has little time to drop by.  Even we don't interact with him much anymore.  (I think I've gotten one email from him in the past 4-5 months)

I'll pass on your comments, Deku, I'm sure they'll be glad they're remembered fondly!

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
thank you :3 i didnt know lindsey was a male o.o COOL BEANS!!! :D i always thought lindsey was a female... COOL BEANS!!! LINDSEY IS A MALE!!! :D

I miss lindsey alotta ;-;
Photo of Alex

• 675 Posts
  • 305 Reply Likes
Hey Deku, thanks for the shoutout! You can always see what I'm up to on the Viasat blog (corpblog.viasat.com) but you're right, I should drop by more often! Alex

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
im replying to you first. i liked the other ones first. liked yours last. replying to yours first :3

also its no problem alex :3 i sure will check it out later on tonight :3 as what Bev said when you and a person named TWEEZERS (dont ask why i started calling him that... it was accident typing. but hes stuck with TWEEZERS now with all caps XD ) I just... kinda stopped all at once... its not the same without Alex... Lizzie is aok... but ummm... i prefer you more Alex. LIZZIE!!! DONT TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY!!! ;-; Nor anyone else... its just... Alex was fun and helpful to alotta people.

speaking of lizzie... has anyone even seen her??? i dont see her on the forums that much... feels like 2 weeks or more... or maybe... imma just living under a rock and dont know even know lizzie comes online o.o yup!!! i must be living under a rock... Shake My Head. Shame on me. XD
Photo of Jim16

Jim16

• 2453 Posts
  • 2180 Reply Likes
Lizzie is definitely missed!

Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3446 Posts
  • 1289 Reply Likes
Lizzie still monitors this forum. She probably saw the shout-out before I did. 
Photo of Deb

Deb

• 19 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
No

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@brad

IF Lizzie is actually monitoring the forums... then... why doesn't she come on and try and help alongside the mods? last time i seen her online was 2 weeks ago.

isn't a viasat offical rep supposed to be doing
most of the announcements instead of the mods???

when alex was the official rep. he did most of the announcements and tried his best to help alongside the mods. cause alex truly cared about everyone.

dont you ever wonder why im not on here that much? its not only alex is gone. but yet, its like you guys give the same old response when helping a customer.

like im sitting on my cellphone and screaming inside my head. COME ON!!! AT LEAST PUT SOME HYPE INTO HELPING CUSTOMERS OUT!!!

i know its a business and stuff... but geez... at least do it with some type of hype and eagerness to help...

that is all imma saying now. my faith in viasat is still clinging on to you guys. its only clinging by a rope. now i gots to go... good day to all of you guys... i guess...
Photo of Brad

Brad, Viasat Employee

• 3446 Posts
  • 1289 Reply Likes
I'm really glad to see the responses and warm memories of the forum. In the 3 now going 4 years of this forum we haven't seen many lineup changes save for a few Browser developers coming into the mix but the "band" is still rocking and rolling (as a die-hard Metallica and Iron Maiden fan, I know how attached folks can get to a line-up if you want to see it as that band metaphor). Lindsey and Alex hasn't gone anywhere in this case. Lindsey moved to a different part within the company and Alex can be found weekly writing the blog at https://corpblog.viasat.com/ (once in a blue moon I'll join him on there too). 

As far as announcements go honestly we're a pretty small team and we just haven't had a ton of announcements to really make following the release of ViaSat-2 this time last year. That was a storm of many announcements and lately we really haven't had much by comparison so we sort of divided that up among ourselves depending on how the days go. Sometimes Lizzie does them, other times myself, Matt or Diana will do a quick head's-up depending on who has a moment to do it. 

Other than that I will say this forum has gotten quite well at knowing how to help each other so I think collectively a lot of times we see a problem resolved among the users and say "OK that settled itself". Don't take that to mean we don't have fun on here. We all love the occasional fun thread (see "costumers" back and forth on a thread earlier today or the hopeful typo thread where I HOPE they meant congestion).

As always if there's ever any questions or concerns we're standing by!
(Edited)
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4366 Reply Likes
Nope it really was constipation. I'm good now and my pants fit better!
Photo of Lizzie

Lizzie, Viasat Official Rep

• 46 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Deku!

I'm still here, and stop by the community pretty much every day. I just operate in more of a stealth-mode than Brad, Matt and Diana do, and am very aware of everything that happens here. I read everybody's posts, don't worry!  I even get to be the one to log in on Saturdays sometimes to make sure things aren't getting too out of control here.
The rest of the team just has an excellent handle on things, so I don't need to step in that often.  Plus, as Brad mentioned, we discuss a lot of what happens on here as a team -- so sometimes, while it may seem like just one person answering, all of our thoughts went into that answer.  There also just haven't been as many announcements, but you never know, I could start popping up so much you'll be sick of me soon!

Photo of Matt B

Matt B, Viasat Employee

• 1004 Posts
  • 500 Reply Likes
An update from Lindsay.  Directly from him.  I cannot vouch for it's accuracy.

you tell them that I went on to write a top selling book and that I work my days working with the kids in south africa and I later went on to make a box office movie to which I was nominated for my oscar worthy performance. I now stay with in Alabama with my grandmother feeding the horses and taking care of her farm. 
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)

• 4281 Posts
  • 4367 Reply Likes
Does he have Viasat service? If so what plan does he have and how much priority data has he used? Asking for a friend... Stephen RIce.
Photo of Bev

Bev, Champion

• 3287 Posts
  • 1463 Reply Likes
Wow Lindsay is a retired thespian now. I wonder if the royalties are enough to cover his internet bill. That would explain his willingness to feed horses and just live a simple farm life. xD

• 931 Posts
  • 505 Reply Likes
@Matt B

thanks for giving us the update from Lindsey :3