always running out of data in about 2 weeks?

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Problem acknowledged. Email provided for assistance. No need for further response.

we have exede since 11/2014. it was the only one available for us in our area.

signed up for it, sounded good... until 2 weeks went by and we had no data left, so I call, they explain: if we are using other devices, sure we are, doesn't everybody?

so next month told my kids no tablets, our phones: wireless is shut off.... again 2 weeks done, call and they say video games, you tube, video on demand, Netflix, iTunes (oh and kids on vaca will do this cause they are home most of the time, are you kidding me) so now I pay for the genie and netflix so I don't use them,  makes sense right?

k so now we are at: stop using tablets, ipods, Netflix, vod, game stations all not connected to wireless....okay we got this cause we want internet because??? that's right we want internet so we can use ipods, tablets, vod, Netflix, game consoles and so on....... 

another month comes and 2 weeks through again done. oh well you have free time around midnight till 5.... really cause I don't sleep (who does, right?) well you can set it up to download things at those times, really cause I have time to, cause I don't need it until midnight (oh and make sure your computer is on when its time to download stuff).... really!?!?

this being limited is ridiculous! and the prices oh my gosh! especially the way the world goes now a days you need internet. my kids go to school and come home with homework that they do through a program that needs the damn internet (teachers send emails, schools use a special webpage for schedules, grades and more, then there's the school sports webpage and more to do with school for each child we have, then the last minute family movie nights have to be planned, wtf. oh im sorry family/best friends over seas/out of state but I cant Skype or Facebook you because I have no data, I have watch my data... there's internet so we can be connected, so we can explore, so we can do more.........but with exede that's IMPOSSIBLE! 

Photo of Betina Hammill

Betina Hammill

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of JEP

JEP

• 987 Posts
  • 718 Reply Likes
Unfortunately satellite Internet depends on a shared resource.  That "big pipe in the sky" can only carry so much data and you have to pay to play. I've been on WildBlue/Exede almost nine years and have also wished for more data capacity, but it's the compromise I made to live in a rural area.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Jep,

We here you loud and clear!  We haven't forgotten about our existing customers. Please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and the best time to reach you.  I look forward to hearing from you.
Photo of Shawn Reed

Shawn Reed

• 6 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
In today's day and age, I am pretty sure we can get higher data caps. A lot has changed regarding the "big pipe in the sky" over the last 9 years, not to mention that as of recently exede has begun to offer unlimited plans in select areas.  The problem is, they make a lot more money draining our data and forcing people like her to buy extra gigs $10 at a time just to take care of the bare essentials online. 
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Shawn,

We understand the needs of our customers.  We are currently trying out new plans to see what impact they will have on our customer experience before we expand availability. Stay tuned... 
Photo of Gerry

Gerry

• 11 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I hope you're considering removing the CHOKE when a customer hits their data limit.  We all need more that .5 Mbps speed.  If Exede is churning out a 12-16 Mbps flow on average, they could surely be a bit more reasonable and give us an underlying service that is workable.  Thanks.
Photo of ExedeKarmin

ExedeKarmin

• 384 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Betina,

I can definitely understand your concerns about your data usage.  Satellite internet does take some getting used to.  I see you have spoken with us about ways to maximize your data. We are currently working on plans that will offer higher data packages in the future.  If you would like to discuss more options with your data plan, please send me an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and the best time to reach you. 

ExedeKarmin

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.