480p on Unlimited Plan is Awful!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved

It seems VERY wrong to pay for the highest quality plan and to be limited to 480p for streaming video.  480p is NOT DVD Quality! It's tablet quality ONLY! We understand the reason and can see that 780p or 1080p certainly cuts into the band with BUT when most of a Netflix show running at 780p is restricted to 480p by Viasat- IT IS awful! Images are completely disrupted and it is horribly disappointing!  You should release the option to choose to run video at the 3 different levels (480p, 780p and 1080p).  We have been customers since 2008- as long as it has been available in our area) IT is highway robbery to let us choose to finally have an unlimited plan but STILL LIMIT us!!! Wrong-Wrong- Wrong! We live in a rural area where our only choice is Viasat or Hughes Net...  We are pleased there is finally an unlimited option BUT we shouldn't be limited on the download streaming speeds: WE DESERVE the option to choose like the lower level plans... bottom line they limit you to 150GB anyways!

Photo of THoefer

THoefer

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • so frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of logbuilder

logbuilder

• 8 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I've been a satellite internet customer for 10+ years. First on Hughesnet and then Wild/Blue/Exede/ViaSat. For the longest I had a 10GB cap. Later upgraded to the 25GB plan. I found myself managing to those caps way more than I wanted to. And it was impacting family too. Just a week ago upgraded to the Silver unlimited plan. Wow, what a load off my shoulders. Before upgrading, I did a speed test and got 13.64 down and 1.20 up. After the upgrade, I am getting 32.54 down and 1.20 up. And a data limit that I will likely never reach.

Sweet!

And BTW, the gold plan is available here. It is 30mbps and optonized for 720p. $150 per month.